• Register Today It's free!

aluminum gauge faces

akcrogers

Reaction score
City, State
Fairbanks, Alaska
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Explorer 4WD 4DR XL
A while back I made a post on the "custom gauge faces... make out of paper" thread about how cool it would be to do with brushed aluminum. About a week I was tooling around on Ebay and discovered that someone makes them. You can get them for just about any make or model, a seller named Speedhut sells them. Do a search for aluminum dash and you should find them.

Best part is they sell for around $20

Mine got here super fast, the seller is reliable, 299 positives with 0 negatives.

It installed really easy, because the gauge holes are pretty big you don't have to worry about the needles, you just line it up and stick it on.

I'll get pictures up real soon, but needless to say it looks excellent.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i saw them, they were awesome, and the nicest part was that they even make them for the first gen

I believe I saw the same company selling carbon fiber gauge covers also.

Yes you did........

I posted these elsewhere, but I'll put them here too, since this is where I first mentioned it.

gauge.jpg

gauge2.jpg

later

Thats not to bad but for $20.....seriously if you know how to use photoshop you can make them for $5. Take a look at bigtigs and mine they cover the whole gauge.

Yeah, but this is really brushed aluminum, not printer paper. I don't think you can very acurately simulate the look of brushed aluminum on printed paper. I've made some paper ones for it before, but I really like the brushed aluminum look much better. It would cost you a heck of a lot more to buy the al and cut it to fit....

WOW i didnt not know it was real aluminum. That is bad ass than. Looking at it closer i can tell now.

i have the same gauge overlay

I just got mine yesterday and they came fast and for 20 bucks you cant beat it. I really like the carbon fiber ones better because they match the black that is all around the dash:D

chuck

Look on ebay for them

Back