Custom gauge faces that you can make out of paper | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Custom gauge faces that you can make out of paper

thanks, i appreciate that. but pics of these gauges cant be posted on this site. look at Explorer94GV's gauges and you'll understand. but mine are different then his.
:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yea leenjens are just like mine accept different pics. if anyone needs any help on how to make them or would like for me to make them some i would be glad to help out. my email is vscardsharks@yahoo.com

Dude you're dead if a female cop pulls you over.

HAHAHAHAHA that is a very good point

G, why the heck have i not asked you to help me make some of these for "Project X." Of corse, I think mine may need to be a little more tame ;)

I'll give you a call sometime this week or next weekend. We have a Stroker 18 to hunt down for you.

LOL female cop i will take my chances;) yah i will make some gauges for ya with chicks in bikinis for ya. **** i dont care what pics you want on it anything is fine. Ya man if you can find or here about a 18" stroker up for sale lmk asap!

hey guys. let me tell you, this is an awesome idea. i got a buddy to print out some of harry5150's gauges (with a few personal touches, of course) and cut em all out. so me and another buddy tore my whole dash apart only to find that they would not fit on over the needles. any ideas? i dont really know how to get the needles off, they were pretty stuck on. i dont want to mess it up, cause this stuff is pretty important. thanks!!\

you need to cut the needle holes on the gauges a little bigger so you can slip them over the needles. Do it on a few crappy copys first so you can get the feel of it than do it on your real copy.

ok, ive had mine in for a week or so, and let me just say, it looks soo sweet. i cant believe that is just a piece of paper while companies are selling kits for $60+ when you could just make your own relatively easily. on a bad note, my tach and speedo are sticking like crazy, so im going to have to tear the whole dash back down to nothingness and do some adjusting :( oh well, still worth it.

How do you make the guages so the warning lights don't show the whole time? It looks like they are all lit up when I print them.

does anyone have any pics of gauges they made for a 1st gen explorer?

yea there in my sig on pages 3 and 4 ive got tons of them i can do for ya.

yay! got my new ones installed on friday. works better if you do it at dusk, so you can line them up right. also laminated these. my needles are now blue with orange tips, very unique. its pretty tight

a dilemma......

i want white face gauges, with black numbers and whatnot........but how can i get them to light up red at night?

I dont want to say its not possible but i think your asking for way to much there. Try and replace the bulbs with red ones?

Ok.....I had this Rick guy send me a scanned copy of the 98+ gauges, they look really nice but when I went to the last step where you put them on a stanard sized sheet of paper and then print it......the things were huge....I e-mailed him but he doesn't check his e-mail often, hopefully he'll know what is wrong with it

I dont know what program your using but yes i had the same problem you just have to make the scale of gauge smaller than they will print smaller

white or reverse indiglo gages

if anyone is looking to sell there white or reverse indeglo gages let me know or let me know where i can buy some on line. thanks. e-mail:mesaman01@aol.com

where can i get a copy of the 98 gauges?? i've tried every link on here and the only good one is to some yahoo page that wont let you download them....ive someone could help me out that will be great.. thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

guys... i'm really wanting to try out this mod, but none of the links are working now... can i get the gauges that are the correct size when printed... if anyone is willing to put them up again i would really appreciate it..

Thanks,
Nate

Back