Anyone in central FL with a lowered X? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone in central FL with a lowered X?

Magicfan25

Reaction score
City, State
Central FL and WPB Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport SOHC
I wanna lower my 98X but Im not real sure about doin the blocks in the back. If anyone has done this and would be willin to help me out Ill spring for pizza and beer or somethin like that.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

mmm... pizza. I wish you were in West Long Island. I could use a free pizza. :D I've seen your truck, I thought it looked lowered already. :rolleyes:

Where in Florida? I'm in Tallahassee.

the pic with it lowered was a chop someone on the board did...i wish it was that easy...

Im all the way down in orlando..somehow i think the drive either way is a little long lol.

Magic, I am in Jax. I had some friends help me put blocks on mine. It's really not hard to do, if you know the basic mechanics. Get a jack, ease it up on the axle and raise it slightly, then loosen the bolts on the bottom U hooks. Then raise it the axle some till you get enough room for the blocks. If you do a search on here, I think Blackmagic may have did a write up on it. I usually drive through Orlando every other weekends to get to Tampa. Another thing that may interest you, on the Oct 4-5 in Tampa Fairgounds, there will be a car and truck show there. I am pretty sure there will be some Ex's in the shows. I don't think I will be showing, just sightseeing. I might be there, So if I stay there that weekend, I'll see what I can do to some back in Orlando if time is there.

im in Ft. Lauderdale and i just lowered my x yesterday. 2" all around and im ganna flip the adjuster plate soon and get like 3" block in back... if u want email me and i can explain it better for u

Mitsuracerone@aol.com

hey man, I'm from Ft. Lauderdale too. Havent seen any lowered X's other than mine rollin' around. You got any pics?

naw not yet im waitin till im done lowering it...:D but when i do ill post them. you got any. were in ft. lauderdale... always lookin for fellow X drivers

hey ford and that other guy from fortlauderdale im near fort lauderdale about 20 minutes away i think i gave one of u this site name well i was out at tower shops. aight u guys ttyl peace maybe we should start up a explorer club in fortlauderdale south florida area. aight man peace

i live bout 5 min away from towers... i might go tomorrow... im not sure cuz im gettin my exhaust put on today and i have to go pick up my X tomorrow so im not sure if im goin... but ill have pics up as soon as i get around to lowerin my X... later yall

wasn't me either.

I say we all meet up at towers one night. I'll most likely be there Friday the 16th if anyone else is up for it.

yeah i say we all meet up there like this friday at miami subs or something at a certain time because i couldnt be out there till around 630 or 7 so lets decide on wut we wanna do. i know ford has my email addy so i guess if one of u wants to call me my number is 954-430-8823 and my names andrew so i guess if anyone of u wants to call me up and get together we can do that because i was talkin to ford and he told me he wants to meet up this friday so i guess smooth if u wanna meet up lets all meet up this friday if its cool with ya man. someone give me a call back aight ttyl peace

If one of you guys meets up with andrew make sure to grab a digital camera to see the elusive spindle flip.

i actually sold the lowerd one because it was giving me too many problems and now i have a lifted 97 and a regular stock 97 also with a 5.0 that im gonna do some work to the kid i sold the lowerd one to said he was gonna sign up on here and show the pictures but i dunno wuts goin on with him. ttyl everyone peace. ohh yeah etc if u live out in miami why dont u drive up to davie to go to the car show at tower shops

Originally posted by andrew18816
i actually sold the lowerd one because ...
...and the mystery continues... :rolleyes:

Didn't know there was a car show going on. Give me some more info on it, I may go up there for it.

Originally posted by andrew18816
yeah i say we all meet up there like this friday at miami subs or something at a certain time because i couldnt be out there till around 630 or 7 so lets decide on wut we wanna do. i know ford has my email addy so i guess if one of u wants to call me my number is 954-430-8823 and my names andrew so i guess if anyone of u wants to call me up and get together we can do that because i was talkin to ford and he told me he wants to meet up this friday so i guess smooth if u wanna meet up lets all meet up this friday if its cool with ya man. someone give me a call back aight ttyl peace

Like I said, im gonna be there either way, so if you wanna meet up at the subs place just let me know. It doesnt matter what time either, because I dont have class on friday, so whatever is good for you guys is good for me.

yea there a show every friday..but i cant go this weekend, something came up with my girl so oh well maybe next week

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

aight smooth ill meet ya up at miami subs at 7 aight bro ill see ya there peace. call me if anything comes up

Back