Anyone know who makes a good brush gaurd? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone know who makes a good brush gaurd?

Flex_Chris

Reaction score
City, State
Beaverton, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer Sport
I am just wondering if anyone knows of a good company that makes brush gaurds for 91-94 Ford Explorers. I have a 92 2 door Explorer and I am looking for a black brush gaurd for my car but it's kind of hard to find someone that makes them for older Explorers. Also if anyone has any pictures of them on their Explorer it would be nice since I have yet to see an older Explorer with one.

Chris

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Longtek. They have them on sportztrailers.com. Check the link in my signature for pictures.

JC Whitney sells one too...

Westin...

i have the westin one...i have not hit anything so i cant tell u how strong it is yet. looks good though

Manik 1 piece

i wish i went with manik sometimes. al i hear from this site is manik this and manik that. everyone seems to love it.

I had a Manik on my Jeep:
3233.jpg

It was damn nice. I'm saving up for a remote start and another manik grill guard. I'm hoping by the end of the year.

The Westin I got hit a deer and still is strong as ever without any dents........the person that had it before me hit the deer, I havent hit one yet.

My Manik is solid. Saved my bumper from a small hit.

MANIK lol yea they are as good as they say :p

there is only one prob manik doesnt sell first gen anymore the only companies that i know of that sell them are westin like jayhawkexplorer said, which are expensive 500 and up and jc does have like alexefron said and are less expensive but are not made as well as westin

I'm getting the Manik and Remote Start installed today. Will post pics.

James Duff has some nice replacement bumpers. That might be worth looking into.

29061.jpg

Manik Brushguard. Remote start installed as well. Clifford with 1500' range. I like how it unlocks ALL the doors when you take out the key. Handy when there is a little one in the back.

I like it!

CaptainObvious said:
29061.jpg

Manik Brushguard. Remote start installed as well. Clifford with 1500' range. I like how it unlocks ALL the doors when you take out the key. Handy when there is a little one in the back.

What's the part #, and who'd you buy it from and how much?

007 said:
What's the part #, and who'd you buy it from and how much?
It's a Manik, no clue on the PN. I bought it from Ziebart Tidy Car in Peoria, (installed as I don't have the time, I still have CD Player, Light Kit and a duty bag to put in there) for $300. The remote start another $300 installed.

I have one I just took off my 97 and would let it go for $125. It is in great shape. My buddy bought it a while back and never put it on, so I tried it out. But i went to a custom bumper. I have all the hardware for it, Just let me know.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

will that year fit the first gens?

Back