• Register Today It's free!

Brush guard for a '91 EB???

EXinMN

Reaction score
City, State
saint paul,minnesota
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 eddie bauer
Does anyone know if they make a black powdercoat brush guard for a '91 EB?????.......bc i dont think i have tow hooks

Brush guard

Well, they used to make them, but the 1st gen Explorers are getting old and a brush guard to fit them may be hard to find. I got mine from John Baker Performance Parts, but I don't know who made it and I think John Baker is out of the Explorer parts business. Your best bet is to try the manufacturer's web sites like Westin, Smittybuilt, TJM, Go Rhino, Grizzly, Manik, etc. If there are any 4WD shops in your area, they might have some clues.

Bob

They make them, but I don't believe many are rated for how hooks.. It would be cheaper and much stronger to add tow hooks to the front as Dead Link Removed I did the same for my '93.. There aren't that many options since most Grill guards mount to the bumper and not the frame. Even some Frame mounted guards aren't rated for towing. Of course you can do both, get a grill guard for looks (and to hang some lights) and then add some frame mounted tow hooks..
18205102_02181.jpg

18205102_02171.jpg

I have been looking for a decent brush guards for ages, i finally decidied to make one, ive got 150ft of some really heavy pipe. I'll try and post some pics when its done.

Back