Anyone tried Michelin Cross Terrain SUVs? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone tried Michelin Cross Terrain SUVs?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have p265/70 r16 and they are wonderful. VERY VERY good tread life, smooth ride, cant say enough good things about them

Nevermind. This would be a perfect example of why friedsn dotn let frineds post drnku.

Guess I shoulda done a search first. Then I would have noticed that everyone seems to like 'em.

Legitimate question: Has anyone had Pirelli Scorpion Zeros and switched to Cross Terrain SUVs? If so, what do you think?

Michelin Crossclimate 2...
Either they are really noisy or something is REALLY wrong.
Going to ask the tire dealership tomorrow.
Took a 2.5 hour trip and both my better half and I noticed the loud drone sound.
We are in South Central Wisconsin and haven't had much snow this season (yet).
So if they find that nothing is wrong with the tires what would be the next step to take to reduce the loud noise in the vehicle?
BTW I have been doing all kinds of fluid changes and the mechanics are top notch at this shop. They check EVERYTHING for me each time.
When I got the 5 tires (expensive) they did the 4 tire alignment and said that there was hardly any changes that needed to be made.

Michelin Crossclimate 2...
Either they are really noisy or something is REALLY wrong.
Going to ask the tire dealership tomorrow.
Took a 2.5 hour trip and both my better half and I noticed the loud drone sound.
We are in South Central Wisconsin and haven't had much snow this season (yet).
So if they find that nothing is wrong with the tires what would be the next step to take to reduce the loud noise in the vehicle?
BTW I have been doing all kinds of fluid changes and the mechanics are top notch at this shop. They check EVERYTHING for me each time.
When I got the 5 tires (expensive) they did the 4 tire alignment and said that there was hardly any changes that needed to be made.
no experience directly, but dependngnn on tread pattern etc, it can be noisy from the blocks being in contact then out of contact w/ pavement. looking them up on google they dont *look* loud, in comparison to other tires. however, have bridgestone alenzas on another, they make a hum, all balanced correctly, etc. it may just be since the blocks are so stiff on that one. if not the tires, you could add more sound deadening depending on what is already there. kilmat, dynomat, etc good options

OK Turns out it wasn't the tires after all.
I needed bearings on the left side. Got that done and it is as quiet as a limo now! Pretty cool.
The place where I got the tires is a shop that I have done business with several times before.
Their customer service is excellent. They rotated the tires & checked everything at NO COST.
Told me to get to a mechanic ASAP and I did. Turned out to be a bearing. They finished today.

Crossclimates will be my next car tires.

Although we haven't had a normal winter's snow here in south central Wisconsin the snow and ice roads that we DID have; these have to be the best tires I have purchased - EVER.

I’ve heard they are also solid in heavy rain.

You will not regret the purchase. We have 7+" of snow in southern Wisconsin (FINALLY) and there is NO problem even on hills.
Of course everyone should be careful because of idiots out there that drive with bald tires or just don't know how to pay attention.

Back