April 2013 TOTM - Utility Modifications | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

April 2013 TOTM - Utility Modifications

not a huge modification, but the best in terms of utility on my rig is my thule MOAB roof basket. it allows me to be out on the trail for more than a few nights, with three other people and two dogs in the bed.

P1060575.jpg

the dogs love it!
P1060549.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've never seen that^. I had similar plans for a recessed storage compartment in the trunk floor, but with a latch-able lid so I can still sleep back there. Any pics from underneath the truck?

Or another thread that has some so this one doesn't go off track?

I've never seen that^. I had similar plans for a recessed storage compartment in the trunk floor, but with a latch-able lid so I can still sleep back there. Any pics from underneath the truck?

There is a lid on it;)click the link, tons of pics and info:salute:the first picture with the water tank shows what it looks like whith the lid installed. .you cant even tell its there unless you look very close..you wouldn't believe how much I use the air and AC, really helpful when we have multiple trucks..first trip took us probably an hour to fill all of our trucks, with 8.5 gallon tank and a Ac 1hp pump, we cut that down to about 15-20 minutes;)

Ah, skipped right over the link.

Here is mine, it was mainly because I hated hearing stuff roll around in the back of my Explorer. I got 2 black milk crates from work, a 6 pack of assorted bungie cords from Harbor freight, and all for a total cost of $2.99. I now have a place to store not only all the fluids my truck hold, along with jumper cables, a funnel, oil rags, and a light up emergency triangle. That is only one, I also have all my school books, and paperwork in the other, with a place for my backpack, voltmeter, and washer fluid in between the two!

Pictures!

29uro1y.jpg

I cannot tell you how helpful this has been to me. What makes it better is that it keeps my sub box from moving at all, because the cover keeps it form moving forward, and the crates keep it from moving back. It is not nearly as cool as the other mods posted, but I love it!

Back