• Register Today It's free!

Attack on Attica II

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...If Riff would have gone to Kampy's to install his lift!Dead Link Removed

Hey, can't wait. Now the weatherman is talking rain for Saturday! The last time we went to Attica it rained. Not that I mind the rain, it makes things more interesting but I fear my truck might get a tad dirty. And y'all know how **** I am about my truck! That’s why I like it when Riff goes first. He likes the mud!!!!!

Notice how clean my truck is compared to Riffs? HEY, you try going off roading for 3 hours and keep your truck this clean. It's harder then it looks.

Dead Link RemovedWOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOODead Link Removed

Cameron, I knew what they were talking about, but seriously though....you need help man...serious help. Dead Link Removed

[Edited by 2001ExpSport on 10-11-2000 at 05:08 PM]

3 things left...i can't seem to get the drop bracket to line up with the hole on the axle!! grrrr....but that, changing the pitman arm, and bleeding the brakes are all i got left! YAHOO!!! almost done!! prolly tomorrow...then off to the fab shop for a few hours, and shes all done!!

I sat for hours trying to get my pitman arm off with any and every tool available to your average joe....took it to my shop and they had it off in ten minutes....Hope it goes better!
Pete

Pete, do you still plan to meet? If so email me your cell number. Let me know what's going on.

yeah...im going to hook up my steering and bind all the way to the shop...i took a whack at it the other day with some channel locks, a vice grip, a hammer, and the kitchen sink....wouldn't budge!!! so im gettin someone else to do it for me.

just once, i would like to take on a project where i had all the right tools!!! ya know?

2001---I still plan on meeting...I won't know the number till Friday...I don't find out what phone I'll have till then....Remind me yours again...I'll call ya when we hit the road and then plan out how far apart we are in distances...I plan on being on the roads at 6:30-7am(way too early for a college boy)

Riff---I even bought a steering knuckle seperator and had a 15lb sledge goin.....It didn't budge...Those shops have some great tools...They did a quick and excellent job....

---Everyone---
I'm gettin damn ancy here....Man, so hard to pay attention in class...Not only have I not been wheelin since early august....But have only driven my truck one weekend since I went to school....Before then, I never had a day when I didn't drive my baby!

Kampy & to whom it may concern--- Sorry for jumpin on ya about bailin....I do understand...I was kinda pissed cause I want this to be one of the bigger and better runs to have gone on with this site...sorry ya can't make it, but we'll have excellent pics....and MANY more runs for ya....And I know this one will kick ass!

Thanks...Pete

*gasp* such language!!!!

watch your f^cking mouth young man!!! lol

Pete, my number is 847-334-1282. I will be on the road by 6:30, but on my way to get Rich. He will be waiting out front so we should be back on the road lickidy split. Give me a holler when you hit the road. I will also be on #25, sorry if I am being redundant.

Dead Link Removed

Originally posted by riffman
...i can't seem to get the drop bracket to line up with the hole on the axle!! grrrr....

I bet Kampy has the tools to line it up!

Keeping my fingers crossed for ya Riff.

Dead Link RemovedDead Link RemovedDead Link RemovedDead Link Removed

well....im not exactly sure how to say this, but, unless by some miracle (or an act of God), i won't be able to get my truck done by saturday. i can't get that damn axle to line up! I just can't!! i tried for about 2 hours yesterday, and about 3 hours today. And i am soo frustrated, that i can't even look at my truck without cussing it out!! im about ready to put it, and all of its parts, on a trailer and selling the damn thing. Im really sorry....unless i get it done tomorrow, and then the shock mount fabrication goes really fast, i won't be able to make it. a possibility, however will be making it there on sunday, but i somehow don't really see that happening.

Dave, andre....sorry bout backing out espically for you guys. if you want me to pay a third of what the room costs, let me know, and i will send it to you, so you don't have to cover it just you too...

Rich, sorry man, i was looking forward to having a passenger to wheel with. maybe someone else will have some room.....

Kampy, im also sooo frustrated, that i may go postal with what you are going to say.... Dead Link Removed ....but im sure you are going to say it anyway.....

sorry everybody.... Dead Link Removed

It ain't over until the fat lady sings. Just keep at it and keep us posted. You have got to be more stubborn then your truck.

Are there some people who live near Riff that could give him a hand? Common guys. Now's the time for you to come to the aid of your brother.

I told you!

and you wouldn't listen. Let's meet at your place Friday evening and finish that truck of yours and get it on the road Saturday morning as we planned. I can always call and cancel our Friday's reservation. Let us know!!!!!

Later,
:(

Um, I live 2 1/2 hours or so from Riff, plus now I'm at school...If I were home and had my truck good to roll on the interstate...i'd ditch school in a second and load up the truck w/ my tools and be there in a second.....I don't totally understand how it is mis aligining....But we had such a problem about three years back on my friends Je*p Comanchee, while the front end was on blocks...attached a tow strap around the axle and to my vans trailer hitch and actually pulled the axle in line with the van...I must say....It was dangerous and risky but got the job done...I'm gonna be online till late friday night and will help ya any way i can! Sorry I couldn't be there to help...
Pete

P.S.---Riff...My luck is with there....I hope to see ya at Attica!

i appreaciate the offer guys, but if this is going to work, it will be tomorrow during the day, when my dad is home. he said he would give me a hand. if it doesn't work with just us, then im probably going to have to tie up the front axle, and tow it to a shop.....but i'll get back to you all to let you know for sure. Thanx again!!!

Andre,

You wouldn't happen to have directions and a phone number to the hotel would you? Also, do you mind me bringing the dog or am I sleeping in the truck on Friday night?

Riff,
Are you sure that you don't want us to come and help you?
I think that maybe if we all kick it and then swear at it all at once, it will probably work. You know...The great american way of fixing things.

Dave

P.S. Good luck and keep us posted. We'll go to a library and log on to the site if we have to on Friday night, just to see what is going on.

Come on Riff...they're offering free help and a bunch of explorer buds that wanna help...You know that is a hard offer to refuse!
Dead Link Removed

Oh yeah 2001--I don't think I've ever caught your name...I know ya got mine...but I think it would be weird to call up asking "2001 Expsport there?" Also...Acording to my directions we get off on IN-43...That goes right by Purdue Univ...Tonight I'm talking to my two best friends there and they may want to join us and jump in with someone there....I wanna know 2001, if it's cool that we side track like 3 miles to get them...they'd most likely follow us and to EVERYONE ELSE--anyone got room for two more guys...they're not a gaurntee and they'd just wanna hop in someones truck for the trails...Sorry if this seems complicated
Thanks..Pete

yeah pete, i know....but i just don't want to waste thier time (and gas) for no reason. i really do appreaciate the offer, its just im not sure that we'd really able to do anything other than kick and cuss at it. lol....and i've already done that plenty!!! :)

like i said....i'll see how it goes tomorrow morning, and let you all know on here or by phone or somthing....

oh yeah...pete...you forgot the tag.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey guys, it looks like my coworker and i will be driving down there sunday. 2001expsport, is it okay to call your cellphone to try to meet up with u guys? i will be taking my explorer and he will be driving his ranger. is there anything else i need to know, he is somewhat familiar with the area. given his truck is stock and mine is pretty stock (no bodylift aside from torsion/shackle) im not sure how much aggressive riding we can manage but im looking forward to meeting some people who have an interest in their explorers as much or more than i do. neither of us has a cb. i can get there by 10am or earlier sunday. thanks

Back
Top Bottom