• Register Today It's free!

axle id help asap

dangerrangerstx

Reaction score
City, State
vernon nj
Year, Model & Trim Level
87 ranger stx
nice steering lmao but i think its a chevy dana 44 but cuz of the knuckles and how it looks but the axle diameter is what a 60 is also looks like 1 60 lock out and 1 44 lockout

thanxs

axle.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

not the greatest shot
driver side hub/lock out
hub.jpg

passenger side hub/lockout
hub2.jpg

heres my dana 44
257.jpg

the u bolts i wanna order for another project with the measurements i took says i need d60 u bolts and 1 bigger for the pumpkin side i feel like a noob:rolleyes:

i also mesured the diff cover again dana 60 but it dosnt feel right

If the cover is a 60, then its definitely not a 44. But you do know that the differential is on the wrong side right (at least for Explorers/Rangers/Broncos) ?

yes i building heep for a guy and ive never never been this confused it has a 350

There's no BOM # stamped on the housing?

rusted off it has ball joints not king pins i hate chevy ive never seen sutch bs
i need to order a cross over for it does any one wanna mesure either an eight lug dana 44 or 60 circumference i got 10 1/4 for circumfrance

It's stamped in the housing. Either way if you can get me the number or the spicer # off the ring gear I'll tell you what it is and give you the parts list.

ill get u that asap wish there was an eiser way than that thank you cheve
c racked
h eads
e ngine tick
v avles rattle
y ear round

If you can get at the ring gear, then all you need to do is measure its diameter - the 60 has a much larger ribg gear.
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh and that hole chevy vs ford thing - its not a problem. The axle was made by Dana. Ford also used ball joints, and the Chevy axle has a better brake caliper design over the Ford.
Posted via Mobile Device

ya wanna swap them for mine
but ill look again for any markings if not ill dump the fluid and look at it i feel like a newb live and learn

Back