• Register Today It's free!

Back up Camera Activation

y2kcurt

Reaction score
City, State
Denver, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer
I recently installed a back up (Reverse) camera and upgraded my factory stereo on a 2003 Ford Explorer. The camera works fine, however I have to hit the "Camera" button on the receiver to see the display on the screen. The stereo has 2 cables (blue & blue/white) that if connected to the "reverse wires" are supposed to automatically change the stereo input to the reverse camera when I go into reverse. I could run a 2nd cable all the way back to the tail light (I guess), but want to see if there is a closer wire (maybe in dash or kick panel) that I can/should tap into, to activate this.

Any thoughts/recommendations?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I do remember a thread somewhere about locating the reverse light wire near the dash but don't remember if anyone gave a definitive answer.

If I find it I will post the link.

I ran mine all the way to the tail-lights and used an in-line splice... The kick panels are easy to remove so it's not too much of a hassle...

IMG_1231.jpg

How much does it cost for a rearview camera! :)

Do you get cable on that thing?

Drivers kick panel black with pink wire. You might have to play with polarity on Ur head unit I had to on mine or it would stay constantly on camera

Back