Best suggestion how to lift for 32" tires | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Best suggestion how to lift for 32" tires

Mustang4mikey

Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Explorer & 97 Mounty
OK, so i finally decided to go up instead of down. meaning that i want to lift the truck. All i want to do is get nice 15x8 rims and 32" tires.
question #1: Would shackles and TT would do it?
#2: what would be the best rim backspace and offset to be used?
all i would like is to have my tires to be a bit wider than stock (1 to 2 inches)
This is an everyday Truck that spends most of its time on a highway and not off road but definitely do like the off-road look.
All suggestions are really appreciated:exp:!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Shackles & TT should do it with a little trimming, if not you can always add a 2" body lift. Performance Accessories body lift 792
Backspacing I would recommend 15x8 3.75" BS, your tires may stick a hair out but not enough that you'll get pulled over.

OK, so i finally decided to go up instead of down. meaning that i want to lift the truck. All i want to do is get nice 15x8 rims and 32" tires.
question #1: Would shackles and TT would do it?
#2: what would be the best rim backspace and offset to be used?
all i would like is to have my tires to be a bit wider than stock (1 to 2 inches)
This is an everyday Truck that spends most of its time on a highway and not off road but definitely do like the off-road look.
All suggestions are really appreciated:exp:!!!!

I agree with Blee, stock tire width is 9.5" so you would do good with 10.5 or 11.5" A couple years ago I had a 99 sport with Black Pro Comp Rock Crawlers series 97 and 31x10.50 Yokohama Geolander AT II. My sport had the big fender flares and the 10.50 came about even with the fender flares.

I am also planning a 2" TT/Shackles with a 2" BL to run 32/11.5 tires

all i did was TT/ and shackels and im running 15x8 3.75" BS with 32x11.50

and i only had to cut a little bit off the inner fenders to turn, no biggie at all

all i did was TT/ and shackels and im running 15x8 3.75" BS with 32x11.50

and i only had to cut a little bit off the inner fenders to turn, no biggie at all

I saw your X and THAT IS EXACTLY what im looking for!!!! Thats the look. Not too much but just enough to get the looks and performance!:D:thumbsup:

I saw your X and THAT IS EXACTLY what im looking for!!!! Thats the look. Not too much but just enough to get the looks and performance!:D:thumbsup:

yup its easyto do and very little cutting involved

Back