Boggers... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Boggers...

First of I would like to say happy birthday Rick.

Next I would like to let you guys know what tires I just had put on my 91 xl explorer. 33" 14's super swamper boggers. This made such a big diff. from what I had on before. I went up in the hills sunday, it was very wet and muddy. One of my friends went with me also, he has a suzuki samurai which has a v6, and is all locked up. I went up hills that he couldn't. man that made me feel good. it was nasty up there but those tires worked awsome. If you guys wanna see a picture let me know. Then i'll take one asap..

take care

Got mud?

DOGMAN,
I want to put a set of 33x12.50 SWAMPER SSR's on my 95 Sport when I can finally get the new Trailmaster lift. I was wondering about the wheel offset and gearing you are running with those tires. Any info you could give would be a big help.

------------------
Jason S
95 Sport 4x4

oknut if mat r doesnt want the lift then give me a price and I will take it off your hands.

Ryan

------------------
Ryan Jones
98 eddie baurer 4x4
2 inch lift
32x11.50 buckshots
manik brush gaurd and go rhino tail light gaurds
hella black majik driving light
Surco 45x60 safari rack
jbl door speakers and kicker fifteen

92 explorer with two inches of lift
30x9.50 mud kings

mrjones98e@hotmail.com

Oknut. I am quite interested in your lift kit if it is not already sold. I live just above you on Vancouver Island. If you could email me with a price I will see if it worth it to me as our Canadian peso is not doing to good :-( I have a friend who heads down to Seattle quite often so shipping is no problem. Thanks in advance. email address is
jfulla@home.com

------------------
92 4dr 4.0L 4x4
K&N, modified airbox
dynomax exhaust
31/10.50/15 on stock rims
Rancho 5000's
more to come

Jason S,

I am using the new Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels (15x8) with the SSR's. Their backspacing is 3 3/8", which would give them an offset of 5/8". I like the way they look. They do stick out a little, but with the 5.5" Superlift, I think it looks right. I believe if you're going up (lift), you should go out too. Makes the rig more stable and a little less susceptable to rolling.

As to gearing, I presently still have 4.10's, but I will be going to 4.56, hopefully sooner than later. With 4.10's, performance has suffered considerably. 33's and 4.56 are a good match for the Explorer.

------------------
DOGMAN
91 4dr 5sp
5.5" Superlift
"Downhill is just uphill in the opposite direction"

Back