Brake band fork found in oil Pan 5r55s | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Brake band fork found in oil Pan 5r55s

Rickademus

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
English guy from London
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Audi A6, 05 Explorer
Hi All,
This is my first post i am a certified mechanic originally from London uk now living in Germany with 25 years experience. I normally keep my cars at least 6 years and have just bought my new replacement vehicle 2005 ford explorer with 100000 miles us spec with transmission problem. I dropped the pan found the fwd fork for the brake band lying next to the magnet.
The fork is not damaged at all and the tab on the band is not broken and the trans oil does not smell burnt. also no excessive metal on magnet. I get the feeling that this transmission can be saved . I reinstalled the fork and adjusted both bands as recommended plus oil and filter change.
I have read up on and am fully aware of the servo bore problems i have actually ordered servo kit from AJ1E Superior Solutions.
I road tested the vehicle today and it shifts ok however it slipped going into 3rd. then changed up ok . I am driving the vehicle very gently and have not checked for DTC yet..
The transmission does slam into reverse which is probably servo related . I am currently not using reverse at all and get out and push the vehicle when needed the vehicle does not slam into drive. Any thought's on what to do next ?
Rick

Rick, I moved your thread into our transmission forum.

Back