BTF 3 inch lift. BTF UCAs now front sits higher??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BTF 3 inch lift. BTF UCAs now front sits higher???

CallMeSyd

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer NBX 4.6 4x4
I've had the BTF 3 inch (3 inch front, 2.5" rear or whatever it is) lift for a while on my 04 NBX, but I've been running stock control arms. Now, I've just installed BTF upper control arms and suddenly the front of my Explorer sits noticeably higher. It was perfect before. I'm sure it has to do with the front having more range of downward motion since the knuckles are no longer hitting the springs, but it looks like the front is over an inch, maybe even pushing 2 inches higher now. My rear springs aren't broken or anything. All struts fine/factory. Like I said, it sat perfect before... What gives? Anyone else experienced anything similar after installing BTF arms? I'll try and remember to get a picture of it later today for some before and after. Also, are there any heavy duty rear struts/springs for these?

You can level the rear with extra spacer (something like a modified rim offset flat flange spacer) above the BTFs

Back