• Register Today It's free!

Bug Deflectors?

TurboR

Reaction score
City, State
Waterford, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport
Does anyone have a pic of a cool looking bug deflector on a 01 sport. The front of my hood is really chipped up. i thouight a bug deflector would cover it up. Are there any sporty ones out there? Thanks. Sean

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Go to stylinconcepts.com and there are a bunch of cool ones with designs or the regular ones.

Bug deflectors are definetly a good thing to have. Not only to reduce crap from flying up on your windshield but it protects the front edge of your hood. Just make sure whatever kit you get has all the mounting parts in it...bad experience with mine...

I have AVS ( Auto Vent Shade ) on mine which is a 2000.
I hate bug deflectors. Hate, hate, hate.
The only thing I hate more than bug deflectors is chips in my hood.
So,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I got the AVS in clear and painted just the back side, the shape and contor was a near perfect fit it blends right in. And it uses the factory holes in the hood for push clips. ( ie. no drilling, no tape, no glue )

Look into AVS and see if they offer an 01

Yea thats the same brand I have...its good stuff

I had a Lund on my 96, and really liked it. I did have to drill holes for it, but it was pretty easy to do. The Lund sits out far enough from the hood you can get your hand behind it to clean it out. That's a plus here in pine needle land. I had to take mine off when I put my brush gaurd on as the brush gaurd was too close to the hood to keep it on.

Back