Build your dream explorer!

Willard

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bloomington, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Ranger Edge
Alright, this should be fun. If you could have any year, motor, trans, x-fer case, trim, etc. that came stock on a explorer what would it be. You can use any part with any year (i.e. 1st gen with a stock V8, and 4r70w trans, even tho it wasn't possible stock) they just have to be stock explorer parts. So, basically, just make what you think the best combo would be, I want to see what you can come up with. Here is a list of motors and such off the top of my head:

Motors:
4.0L OHV V6
4.0L SOHC V6
5.0L OHV V8
4.6L OHC V8

Transmissions:
A4LD (don't know why you would want it, thought I would do it justice)
4r44e
4r55e
5r44e
5r55e
5r55w
5r55s
4r70w
M50D

Trim Packages:
XL
XLT
XLS
Eddie Bauer
Sport
Limited

Transfer Cases:
BW1354 Manual
BW1354 Electric
BW4405 Control Trac
BW4405 AWD
2WD

Gear Options:
Open:
L/S:

Suspension:
TTB Front
IFS Front

Drum brake 8.8 Rear
Disc brake 8.8 Rear
IRS Rear

I think that's all, but I've probably forgotten a few things, just tell me and I will fix it.

Here's mine:

1994 Sport, with a 5.0L, M5OD 5-speed, L/S 4.10's, and a manual 1354 x-fer case w/ manual hubs. Alright, let's see what you've got.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1999 Sport, 5.0L supercharged, M5OD 5spd, Black, Solid axles, TT, Shackles, BL and 32's
4 Wheel disc
Charcoal interior. White face gauges. Tinted windows. Front brush bar, with 2 Hella 500's
Power doors, windows, keyless entry, and some type of aftermarket rims.

1991 TruggieStyle, LimeGreen, 400 big block, c6 auto, dual np205's, 2.5tons, 42's.

Alright, this should be fun. If you could have any year, motor, trans, x-fer case, trim, etc. that came stock on a explorer what would it be. You can use any part with any year (i.e. 1st gen with a stock V8, and 4r70w trans, even tho it wasn't possible stock) they just have to be stock explorer parts. So, basically, just make what you think the best combo would be, I want to see what you can come up with. Here is a list of motors and such off the top of my head:

Motors:
4.0L OHV V6
4.0L SOHC V6
5.0L OHV V8
4.6L OHC V8

Transmissions:
A4LD (don't know why you would want it, thought I would do it justice)
4r44e
4r55e
5r44e
5r55e
5r55w
5r55s
4r70w
M50D

Trim Packages:
XL
XLT
XLS
Eddie Bauer
Sport
Limited

Transfer Cases:
BW1354 Manual
BW1354 Electric
BW4405 Control Trac
BW4405 AWD
2WD

Gear Options:
Open:
4./S10
L:

Suspension:
TTB Front
IFS Front

Drum brake 8.8 Rear
Disc brake 8.8 Rear
IRS Rear

I think that's all, but I've probably forgotten a few things, just tell me and I will fix it.

1999 4 door
5.0L OHV V8
5r55s
BW1354 Manual with manual hubs too!:thumbsup:
XLT
L/S 4.10
TTB front
Disc Brake rear axle

:D

2001 Limited, Built 4R70W, supercharged 347, Atlas II, Rockwells with coilovers. DONE! As far as I'm concerned the 98-01 5.0 Explorers are BY FAR the toughest ever built! Big changes were made to the engine and trannys in 98...Sorry 96 and 97 5.0 owners, but it's true.

Oh yeah, throw on the new 54" boggers to mine!

96', 5.0 from 99,47Row, Atlas II 4.31, D44 Coil overs, SOA rear(8.8" Disc), 36's.

Good to know im not the only rockwell fan out there

2nd generation
4.0 supercharged
C4
AtlasII
SAS 4:10s trussed
SOA disc brake rear 4:10s trussed
aftermarket suspension

all within easy reach

Tim

This is a simple one:

Start with the 2003 Explorer Sport. Any color.
Rob a 2001 Explorer Limited of all the parts and features that make it a 'Limited'. Put them on the Sport.

Take the COMPLETE drivetrain from the same year Mustang Cobra. Install it in the your newly created 2003 Sport Limited. And you are ALMOST there.

Take the Heat Extractor hood off the Cobra, and graft the head extractor scoops into the Explorer Hood.

Add some FR500 15" brakes...

THAT is my Dream Explorer.

2003 Explorer Sport Limited
4.6L DOHC Supercharged
T-56 Transmission (Viper Spec Gears)
4.10 L/S
IFS & IRS

How bad a$$ would THAT be?

Ryan

1994 xlt.
center mount a arms, coilovers, bypasses, hydro bumps, trophy spindles.

4link, full floater sandy cone 9 inch, coilovers, bypasses, hydro bumps.

Twin turbo LS2. (iknow, i know)
custom mendiola 5 speed trans. big paddles.....
i didn't use the available options i know, but you said DREAM explorer....

I think I'm good with what's in my garage! :p:

show off......

I'd have my '97 UK spec 4.0 SOHC with a nice supercharger

4" lift
3" bodylift

35" grizzly claw tyres on black rims

nice chrome A bar, winch, spot lights, some smoked head/corners n some blacked out rear lights

Si

Good to know im not the only rockwell fan out there

I see them in my dreams every night...:p:

There was a front and and rear with wheels and tires in my area on craigslist for $1300 a few months back! Wish I had the room and money for them! Mmm, 672 gears...

03 ranger
4bt cummins (intercooled/ turbo version)
zf tranny
stak 3-spd transfer case
HP9 inch front
matching rear
Dual ARBs
York Onboard air
veg oil conversion :D

I see them in my dreams every night...:p:

There was a front and and rear with wheels and tires in my area on craigslist for $1300 a few months back! Wish I had the room and money for them! Mmm, 672 gears...

Ahhhhh

When i get the money i know where a set is F/R for 800 bucks. Thats his asking price. Ill bet i can get them for 650 or 700.......Ahhh when i get the money im gonna blow it on axles ha ha

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would like a 1995 Sport in Expedition trim with a 5.0, 4R70W, 1354 manual t-case, TTB front, disc brake rear.

While we are at it, why not throw in the towing package, electronic climate control, and JBL sound system.

I have seen pictures of Sports built for export to Japan...all of them had the electronic climate control and the JBL sound system standard. Lucky Japanese.

Back