buying a new DVD headunit need advice | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

buying a new DVD headunit need advice

gforceman

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia beach VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 limited 4.6 V8
i was looking at these units wondering if anyone knew if there any good i do like the menus in both , unlike the pioneers so plain thanks

JVC KW-AVX810
Jensen VM9022

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Honestly, I like the picture quality of the Jensen more, but the sound quality is a bit cleaner on the JVC. Pick whichever you think will look better in your dash.

the JVC has no sub outs - just wondering if ANYone has listened to these systems and knows with one is the better one

the JVC has no sub outs - just wondering if ANYone has listened to these systems and knows with one is the better one

What deck doesn't have a sub out? even all the wal-mart ones have it. lol.

anyways, for the same price I would get the Alpine IVA-W205, I have the IVA-W200 and have installed many of both. Awesome quality, good looks, able to change the background, 3 sets of pre outs, etc. Much better quality. I've had and installed Jensen and JVC, they cant touch the Alpine.

IVA-W205

For the price get a avic d3 if your going to spend the money on the alpine. Personally I'd go to a shop and check them all out and you make the decision as everyone has a different take on what they want. I've personally found that the jensen products are nice for the price.

i would stay away from the d3. i install those units and eclipse units and we get most of the d3's we install back because of some stupid manufacturer defect. eclipse units are great and like a previous poster said, the alpine iva-w205. i have the alpine in my ex and i love it.

Everyone I've spoke to that had the d3 were more than happy with the purchase.

i'd definitely get something that will let you add to your system later on. those sub-outs may not be needed now, but down the road they may. i'm goign with oplitic and say the alpine. i've never been let down by their sound quality. but the final choice is up to you.

I've always had JVC headunits in my vehicles, and I've never had any problem with them. The one you are looking at has a touch screen which is a cool feature

i have heard alot of good things with the JVC KW-AVX810 alot of upgradeability very good sounding . so im gonna go for that one

I had a jvc motorized flip (single din) that was really nice. I prefer the looks of the jvcs over the pioneers anymore...i think the new look is cheap looking.

I like jensen I've sold a few of the jensen vm9312 and a few of the phase linear (still audiovox/jensen) uv8 flip outs and they are actually pretty nice. If the one you were speaking of was the vm9022 is a nice unit. I played with the phase linear uv8020 and didn't like it, the interface was pretty cheap and wasn't like the other phase linear/jensen products I've dealt with thus far.

I just wish that that dealer didnt run out of stock. im having to look else where and trying to find the package or at least trying to assembly one from muiltiulpe stores. (jensen vm9022 w/ nav101)

door panel removal for 2007 sport trac

anyone has a clue as to how i would go about removing my door panels to get access to the speakers? its for a 2007 sport trac

jameshill try looking for any and all screws on the door panel. They are generally hidden so the only way you'll see them is by purposefully looking for them. Look also for holes that have the same plastic as the door panel in them (plug kind of things so you don't just see a screw in the middle of the door.) Ford also usually puts screws through the pocket that your hand goes in when you shut the door from the inside. Many times there is a plastic/rubber mat like thing they put in that hides the screw. Once you do that I'd try to lightly pull on the door panel and usually the bottom is easier than the top. I couldn't find anything for your sport trac at all as far as specifics go. They make door panel tools made for removing the door panel. Just be careful and don't get out of control. I found something about earlier sport tracs that you had to pop the clips out and than pull up with the door panel to remove it.

You could always just buy an external navi unit but no I couldn't find anyone that had it in stock. Make sure if you do find someone on-line with it in-stock that you speak with someone person to person! Many times the websites say they have them in stock and once you've paid and are expecting it in the mail they will contact you saying they don't have any and don't know when they'll get any!

I have the AVIC-D3 in my X. You can prob get one now from best buy or CC for about 500.00. They just came out with a new model thats about 1300.00.

the sport trac door panel made funny. the door handle is set up as the standard ones are. guess ill have to jump in there and just try.

i started installing a jensen vm9022 this weekend. i order the nav101 but for some reason its back order now. once thats in ill have the nav all hooked up.

ford sure made it harder to install radio upgrades. i just had barely enough room to get the system/wire harness in.

by the way, if anyone has a jensen vm9022 install, what is that brown wire for? do i just ground it out?

Yeah I'd just go and see what you can do in there. Generally the doors are a little harder than some. My jag door I took apart was the easiest door I've ever taken apart. Had a silverado door to take apart and they were totally different than other doors i've taken apart. As far as radio installs at least you don't have gm! If you did you'd have some work cut out for you with a different harness that also costs a boat load.

The brown wire is usually a mute wire for your phone.

Did you hook up the parking brake wire to view dvds? Don't bother if you didn't, there is a short cut for that and you don't need to wire anything.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

so do i just ground that brown wire then?

yeah i hooked up the by-pass wire, but jensen had a override code built right in the menu so i can view dvds when driving.

Back