buying a new DVD headunit need advice | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

buying a new DVD headunit need advice

Usually the brown wire gets connected to a bluetooth adapter which tells the radio to mute when you have a phone call. Tape it off if you don't have one. What does the head unit manual say the wire is for? It should also say on the wire itself what it is like "mute" or something like that.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah the brown wire is just for the mute when using the phone.
i just tapped it off since i wasnt sure if it should be grounded.

do you know any good spot to place the antenna for the nav101 navigation system on the sport trac?

Sorry,
No experience with those. Most people just put them at the front middle part of the windshield. If I were you I'd just test the waters and try seeing what it would do putting it up by the rear view mirror area of the windshield on the inside of the car. See how well that works and that way you don't have to worry about wiring to the exterior of the car. You could also try on the dash as close to the windshield as possible in the middle.

fords sure aint like they use to be. if it didnt come with the vehicle, you have to do alot of work to get in the vehicle.

thought i buy the sport trac with standard features and add to the vehicl later. i had to make a wire harness for the oem fog lights since i didnt get it with the trac.

doing all these added on is sure giving me experience.

I bet! It's better that way though because you can say YOU did it. Though the money you pay for some of the options is crazy. Much like factory navigation, personally I'd rather have an aftermarket than the factory navi just because they can look as good but are much better.

Back