CALLING ALL NORTHERN CO GEARHEADS!! 4" lift project | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CALLING ALL NORTHERN CO GEARHEADS!! 4" lift project

i think this is the right place for this thread.
As some know, ive been planning a 4" superlift on the old girl. well, its on its way, and ive finally found a garage! so, im extending an offer/request that anyone who finds themselves in fort collins in the next week (10-22 to 10-29ish) with some time to kill is invited to lend a hand. id like to pump this out in as little time as i can, so help is appreciated. ESPECIALLY if you know how to pull a torsion bar :thumbsup:.

Also, has anyone done a "how to" on the slf-k494? if not, i just might.

Heres the game plan.
-4" superlift part k494 97-01 explorer/mountaineer
-new ball joints
-new tie rod ends
-new CVs
-33" bfg mud terrains
-new rotors if i can $$$
-god knows what else ill run into

lastly, does anyone know where to get a front drive shaft that will work for that lift? superlift wants $400, which i dont want to part with.

Anyone interested, PM me or leave a reply.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

is there any other way to wrench? lol. ill pm you when i get this thing going

what if theres free beer..... any more takers haha?

Well I am not allowed to drink by law, sicne I am only 17 but if brett plans on a day I would prolly come and meet up will a few guys...

Brett, you just want the beer admit it. LOL

Tim

lol, gunna have to stay warm somehow. hope this **** snow blows over soon....

They only time that I could help out would prolly be Wed. Evening due to school and work, but if you guys are going to be doing it at that time then I would be down to bring some food like a few Pizza's seeing as I am a manager at a small place down here in Johnstown

ITS HERE!!! christmas came early lol. so shes going under the knife tomorrow around 5 cuz of my ####ing late lab, and ill pry be just taking parts off. saturday is the big day, so pm me if your still interested. ill give directions and such. again, anyone is welcome to give a hand, help is always good!! votes for a write up?

PM'd :D

I would be I get to go to work, YAY!

I would like to come and help out. I don't know anyone around here, it would be cool to meet some new people. Let me know when.

brett- depending on how much gets knocked out, ill be working on it sunday afternoon through next week if needed. still welcome by.

everyone else-this is at my buddies house, so call me before you show up so i can make sure im there. thanks for the interest!!

How early will y'all be at it?

I've got to be at our lab on College just north of Old Town for the 15th year anniversary at 11 AM

I'll probably be up pretty early tomorrow

all is well! little behind, but sall good. rear should be done in a couple hours.

Update?

ok so sadly, only one person (brett) showed, but made quick time of things. nevertheless, the back end is done, with the exception of a brake hose bracket and a "t-box" superlift forget to send me, and they sent me a rear shock with a shortened upper bracket. so i have to wait for monday to get them :(. i have pictures, but they suck cuz it was dark. tomorrow i work until 7, but ill probably get started on the front, and brett said he might drop by again. game plan for monday.... just might ditch a lecture or 2 and work on it. as soon as i get the front diff dropped to its new home, ill get a new front drive shaft made. again, help is always welcome! and its good to meet faces on here.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

again, these suck, but hey theyre pics haha.

i>jeep lol
IM00977.jpg

37 1/2" at the top of the wheel well with stock tires

IM000976.jpg

p.s. does anyone have an idea wtf these are??

IM000978.jpg

Back