Can Walker Resonator be snaked in without unbolting 5th shock and/or rear stabilizer link | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can Walker Resonator be snaked in without unbolting 5th shock and/or rear stabilizer link

sehaare

Reaction score
City, State
Chicagoland, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
98XLT 4WD SOHC,94XLT gone
98 4WD V6 SOHC AT 4Dr.

I searched first.

I replaced the original muffler and resonator years ago with Walker exhaust parts. the walker resonator rusted out at its front weld to the exhaust pipe and dropped so I removed it. I got a another walker resonator pipe but had one hell of a time trying to snake the new one in over the axle and around the 5th shock and stabilizer link and had to stop for the night. Can this be done without disconnecting the 5th shock and Link? Their bolts are so rusted now that they will snap if I try to take them out.

If I must, then I can always go buy new bolts, but has anyone done it by possibly jacking up the body and letting the axle hang?

Thanks

Jack the frame (so the axle hangs) and remove the rear sway bar link. It’ll slide right in. No need to remove the 5th shock, but the link has to go.

The 1st time I did mine, I had an access to a lift and I didn't have to disconnect anything. But the next time I did it, was at home on the ground and unhooked the shock and stabilizer

The 1st time I did mine, I had an access to a lift and I didn't have to disconnect anything. But the next time I did it, was at home on the ground and unhooked the shock and stabilizer
Just to close this out, I did have to unhook the stabilizer link (at the bottom end) and jack up the frame a little then it went right in. It's pretty easy once you know what has to be disconnected.

Back