Check Charging System | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Check Charging System

ronoldman@hotmai

Reaction score
City, State
Hampstead, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
I have a 2005 Explorer XLT, I have had it for 2 years with no problems, then I started getting this check charging system beeping. I took it to Ford and they replaced the battery, it went away for a week or so and came back, took it back and they replaced the alternator, went away for about 3 months then came back, i have taken it back several times since and the charging system test fine, the computer isn't putting out any codes, they can't find anything wrong. but each time the test it the beeping goes away for 1 to 3 months then comes back. also on one visit they found that a vacumn line was off so they replace it. does anyone have this problem and can give me any ideas...

I have almost the same problem. Seveal batteries. Several alternators. My Expl. Is fine when it first starts for the day. Or in the winter it has no problem. When it is started after it heats up for the day, the check charging system indicator comes on. It ewill stay on from 15 seconds to t minutes. There is a click, the indicator goes out and everything is fine. What is happening. Wiring decoupling from the heat? A sensor overheating. When the light is on, it is putting out 12 amps and not charging the battery. When it goes out it puts out 14.5. The battery then charges. When idling the check charging might come back on, and if you don't start driving the battery will drain and die.

Back