Check engine blinking at me | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Check engine blinking at me

i put back my oringal radio which is am/fm radio with no casette no cd everything work but no light come on at night when wires is for light to come on radio with headlight on

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

was able to get everything back together. Check engine light is off. Still vibrates and has less power like the cylinder is misfiring. Confused. gonna check the plug.... see what else i can find on here

first do a full tune-up put new coil pack new spark plug new spark plug wires that solve your problem it happen one time check engine light was flash so i did a full tune up once i start up let warm everything went perfect nomore check engine flashing most alikely you have a bad coil pack

I replaced spark plugs and wires 10k ago... since it said it was misfiring on cylinder 6 i pulled plug on that one and it was ashy...cleaned it and put it back in....not really a difference. Overall I can say the stutter is not as bad as before the plenum gaskets but is still noticabley there. Where do you advise i pick up a coil pack?

Try new spark plugs-
I have seen brand new ones fail right out of the box. Just because they are relatively new don't discount them as the issue. New parts can be bad.

A dead cylinder could also be caused by a dead fuel injector.

i put a new coil pack that coil pack was two coil pack perfect nomore check engine light flash nomore problem 2008

before i spend money on a coil pack i think i will work my way up to that....i started cheap with things that will need replaced anyway. The intake manifold gaskets were bad and would need to be replaced anyway.

1. Intake Manifold Gaskets- No Fix
2. Fuel Filter- No Fix
3. Air Filter- No Fix
4.Spark Plugs- Will Be doing this today.

Oh man sorry to hear that.
Yea could be a plug or maybe one of the wires is on the wrong cylinder, did you make sure to put the EGR gasket back in?

well i never figured wrong wire on plug since i replaced them while back and its run great since.... not for sure what you mean egr gasket??..... it went back together the same way it came apart

Hmm I am not to sure if you have that but its the gasket under the EGR. on my 97 you have to take it off as well as the plug wires to remove the plenum. Did your wires go through the plenum?

no on my 96 they wrap around the back...I never had to take them off ....i took them off the coil pack so It would make things a little easier...

I took it for a drive today to fill it up with gas to see if that did anything..

I noticed besides my CEL none of my other lights were working ( o/d light, cruise control light, even my bright light signal)

I stopped by oreillys just to check for a code and what do you know it pulls one.

P0401

Now i cant remember but it said but excessive gas flow or recircuilation?? frm what i found on here that is DPFE sensor.

Still want to check plugs cuz its doin the same thng as when 5 codes were coming out but since i replaced plenum gaskets all the original codes have gone away but condition of stuttering from 2000-3000 rpms is very noticeable. actually most of the time when i am trying to accelerate its stuttering.

I went through the vaccuum lines again to make sure everything was hooked up correctly. Then began to pull wires to check plugs. When pulling plug wire on cylinder 5 &6 I noticed a small black burn mark in wires. When I touched it the casing was brittle aand peeled off easy. To test i wrapped in electrical tape and repositioned wires.

Truck runs perfectly now.

I even fixed the 2 codes that I have had for months now (lean on bank 1 and bank 2) I am sure this was th intake gaskets.

NO CEL and truck runs amazing!

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR ADVISE AND HELP!!

Try new spark plugs-
I have seen brand new ones fail right out of the box. Just because they are relatively new don't discount them as the issue. New parts can be bad.

AMEN to that! Months of hacking away at a cylinder 4 misfire only to find that the new plug I put in that cylinder was dead short.

Back