Check Engine Light comes and goes | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Check Engine Light comes and goes

check the computer ground plug by battery that the wires go straight to negative post
roscoe

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok will look into that also i bought a obd scanner and hooked it up and says dlc cable not responding

I need help with my eec test im missing the single wire to test with my scanner it will not read without it can someone tell me where those wires go like the mas air flow sensor wires too.

the wire you're looking for goes to pin 48 on the computer
roscoe

the wire you're looking for goes to pin 48 on the computer
roscoe
i hooked that wire to a single wire to test the eec but still says check data link connector

Pin 48 Didn't do anything but i drove it around for 15 miles or so light went off and on and the engine light went off it jolts some like a gear didn't shift out

Pin 48 Didn't do anything but i drove it around for 15 miles or so light went off and on and the engine light went off it jolts some like a gear didn't shift out

sorry if yours does not go to pin 48 I've god a complete wiring diagram for a '91 that is where it says it goes this diagram works on my '92 that was sold to me as a '91 but computer is f2 which is '92
roscoe

Ohh that's ok might be getting rid of this truck anyway

Ok will look into that also i bought a obd scanner and hooked it up and says dlc cable not responding
forget the scanner, take back and get your $ back. There is a self diagnose you can do, it gives you the code # and then you look up online, very easy. You can find how to do this on youtube.

scanners for 84 to 94 i have found to pretty much be worthless, self diagnose is the only way to get true codes, i hope that helps

forget the scanner, take back and get your $ back. There is a self diagnose you can do, it gives you the code # and then you look up online, very easy. You can find how to do this on youtube.

Did that but now my sti wire is missing and wont work even the scanner always check data link connector

Hey
forget the scanner, take back and get your $ back. There is a self diagnose you can do, it gives you the code # and then you look up online, very easy.

Maf engine. Running
Red 14.30
Black 14.00
Tan blue between 4.0 and 5.60
Red blue 2.60 and 4.10

Engine off
RED 14.0
BLACK 1.3
TAN YELLOW 14.40
RED BLUE 12.50

Back