Check out my latest adventure

bigtigexplorer

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Sierra Vista, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT 4x4
Its not finished yet, I've still got plenty of sanding to do then I've got to paint it. I just wanted to share my latest project and get some feedback. Thanks

Dead Link RemovedDead Link Removed
Before and After pics

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Aldive- I added another picture so you could see what it was before. Basicly I remove the two pockets from the upper portion of the center console and made a fiber glass insert to flush mounted my tv.

That's awesome. If I get a small LCD screen, and get the dimensions of it, could you make me one if I pay you?

Jason_25 - let me get back to you. I'll need to do some investigating on material cost for building a mold and the custom insert as well as the time required, since I work full time and go to school.

That looks pretty good, make sure to post pics when you get done for good!

That's gonna look soooo much better...and it looked good before! What is hooked up to the monitor? TV tuner, VCR, DVD, video game system?

Steve

Right now its hooked up to a tv tunner which is controled through the head unit. I also have a 12 volt VCP and a N64 that I can plug in whenever I want.

Dead Link RemovedDead Link Removed

Well guys here it is, not to bad for my first attempt.

I used 3-4 coats of Krylon's semi-flat black spray paint and it worked great, so well in fact it made the rest of my console and trim around the stereo look like sh*t. Any ideas on what color I should paint the rest on the console pieces?

So what do you think? Opinions and feedback are much appreciated!!

Nice job

Looks good , is the angle adjustable , just curious .

Thanks. As far as the fiber glass insert goes, no. I could adjust the way the tv is mounted though if I did the tv would no longer be flush with the insert.

That looks really good man

Hey man that looks good really nice that screen is 4"? It looks like a actual decent viewing size got any other pics of it i'm curious cause if that size seems like its decent ill get 2 of those for the headrests and the 6.4" flipdown for the middle :D oh well once again nice work!

What kind of pictures are you looking for, I can go and take them. This size works for me as far displaying the menu items for the head unit, but for gaming or tv is ok. It has a nice clear picture but the size is a downfall.

Check out this site http://www.m-emag.com/VideoBG/Icon-TV.html and click the different brands on the right. You can pick up a 10.4-Inch Overhead Monitor from IconTv model #F104M for around $599, save your money on the headrest monitors and just get a large drop down. I would rather have one large 10 inch screen over two smaller 5 or 6 inch ones in the head rests, thats just my opinion.

Back