Check out my latest fiberglass adventure | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Check out my latest fiberglass adventure

Like it or Don't like it that is the question.

• Sweet, I like it!!

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • It sucks.

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • "Looks good, but not my style"

Votes: 19 45.2%

• Total voters
Originally posted by YourmamaISSOL
Here is a thought. Instead of useing the side windows use the area where the spare tier goes
Build a sub box under the truck? That doesn't make much sense to me.:confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Its really kinda of common. The most version popular is to cut a rectangle out of the rear cargo area floor and fit it with a plexi-glass window. Then build a bandpass enclosure under the vehicle that is ported through the floor. KSpride and I thought about building the enclosure under the cargo area, but I really didn't like the idea of cutting a hole through the floor.

well ,i dunno about the enclosure under the car, but man, that idea you got about the window, man that ROCKS! very, very creative........and i would've guessed right off that you wouldn't use the window for the back half of the sub enclosure......good question tho.....

again, nice stuff...

it has to be the most unique and creative setup i've seen, and i go to USAC finals in KC every year, and see hundreds of setups.

Update

I've been working on this project a little here and there. I've sanded the Bondo smooth and applied expanding foam around the sides to fill in the gaps. I've also decided to go with the 4ohm Infinity Kappa 12.1 sub out of my wife’s car. Right now I've got the enclosure and sub mounted until I can get the grey vinyl to match the quarter panel. As Kspride can attest it sounds pretty good.

IM001199.JPG

IM001200.JPG

can i ask why your truck is so dark inside? is it because your covering the windows up? or because of your tints?? there is a huge difference between the amount of light outside and inside

In the pictures I had a sun shade up in the front window, but the sides only have tint.

I like it dark in vehicles:D

Awesome job - I'd do both sides though, it will look/sound even cooler.

Blind spot aside, how far does it stick out? Cut into cargo room?

It only sticks out about as far as the wheel well. I might do somthing for the amp(s) on the other side, but I'm not really sure.

That is some badass fiberglass work. I had looked at that space for speakers once...

A neighbor has been rebuild an old chevy panel truck for the past 5 years or so (he doesn't really seem to have any motivation to actually finish it). The thing is super chery though, he is going through every detail. When its done it will be sweet.

After helping him out with some stuff one day I started looking at the X. If I was going to build a streeter/cruiser, think it would be great to take out those rear windows, weld in some panels and shave it all and try to make it look kinda like a panel truck.

Back