• Register Today It's free!

Complete Coolant System Service

ShawnTRD

Reaction score
City, State
Spener, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer Limited
Going to do a complete coolant system service. Is there anything else I should get or do? Was thinking of getting a flush cemical or just flush with Vinager. Was thinking I should get the Heater Valve too, but I don't know yet what one to get. There looks to be two types. One's $18 the other is $30.

Drive-Rite Lower HOSE RADIATOR DRVRT $8.68

Drive-Rite Upper HOSE RADIATOR DRVRT $10.88

Drive-Rite HOSE HEATER DRVRT Outlet/Pipe to Valve $12.44

Drive-Rite HOSE HEATER DRVRT Inlet/Pipe to Eng $9.88

Drive-Rite HOSE RADIATOR DRVRT By-Pass $4.68

Stant Consumer CAP RADIATOR SWIVEL STANT $6.96

Stant THERMOSTAT-BX $18.88

Fel Pro MISC GASKET $2.24

Prestone AF2000 PRESTONE A/FREEZE 2 Gallons $25.96 w/ distilled water

Subtotal: $100.60

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I never buy the pre-mixed antifreeze. I buy the normal stuff and add a gallon of distilled water from the grocery store for $.75. Hell, for the price of that pre-mixed stuff, they better be adding Perrier to it.

I never buy the pre-mixed antifreeze. I buy the normal stuff and add a gallon of distilled water from the grocery store for $.75. Hell, for the price of that pre-mixed stuff, they better be adding Perrier to it.

That is 100% Coolant I will have to mix.

Mixing is no issue; all you do is add the appropriate ( for the mix percentage you want ) to the radiator and then fill with distilled ( I use DI/RO water ) water.

Simple.

Mixing is no issue; all you do is add the appropriate ( for the mix percentage you want ) to the radiator and then fill with distilled ( I use DI/RO water ) water.

Simple.

Whats DI/RO? Distilled/??

Deionized/Reverse osmosis

and that will give you 35 mpg.................but only if you live in fantisy land

? 30 mpg, make your own water, it has to be fanisty land, not everyone belives your stories thats all :rolleyes:

Um, I make my own DI/RO water as well...not that hard, insert tap water into expensive water treatment unit, out comes DI/RO....:D

As for 30, I have come somewhat close, but haven't gone to the lengths Al has to attain it.

Here is a pic of my RO/DI setup.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 257

30mpg

As for 30, I have come somewhat close, but haven't gone to the lengths Al has to attain it.
Now we know the answer to get high mpg.........there is something in the water;)

Now we know the answer to get high mpg.........there is something in the water;)

You ought to see what happens when you actually drink it ....

Probably goes right through. There's nothing in it to slow it down. LOL

Back