headlights, because I read in the Sylvania at my local parts place that it
was a 9007 but on the net and everywhere else it says a 9004. I was looking
at the Cool Blue lights, and they don't make them for 9007 but they do for

------------------
<<MaiNFRaiM>>
-'91 Explorer EB
-'94 Explorer EB
-'95 F150 EB

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My '92 used a 90004 I believe. At least that # sounds familiar. Although, I've tried all of the "high performance" white's and blue's and have yet to ever see a difference.

------------------
Randy
'92 Explorer, 4.0 & J.E.T. Chip

Don't even bother w/ the Sylvania's. I've been looking for the PIAA superwhites for in 9007 form for ever. You '91 however does take 9004's. But here's the cool thing. As I said, I've been looking for "superwhite" bulbs at a good price for ever, and finally found a link thru a link thru a link from this site to www.autostockinc.com. They carry this brand "Streetlights" for 20 bucks PER PAIR, not for just one. I got the mid level wattage "recommended for off highway use only" set. I think it was 55/80w. The standard is 45/65w I think and the high is 80/100w. Well they came in the mail 2 days later and I put 'em in and waited for the sun to go down. I did aim them down a bit, but I love them! And they're not tinted that stupid blue or gold rainbow garbage. They're really white lights. If you're looking for that "Urban" look, what ever, but these are quality bulbs (real white) at a great price. Good luck.

------------------
John '95 XLT

PIAAs 9007 come out in April!!

------------------
Juan Felsmann
'97 Sport 4WD 5spd
Warrior Twist
www.explorer4x4.com/thaven_juan.jpg

I have tried both G.E and Sylvania bue bulbs, they are not brighter but a nicer cisp white, the difference is most seen with the high beam, I like them over stock.
However I seen older cars (93-98) with headlights that upclose have a blue or someties green glow in the backround, what kind of bulbs will give you a blue backrund glow?

------------------

91 Sport
"Drive it like ya stold it"

Hey Juan - is PIAA going to let you exchange the 9004's for the 9007's when they come out? I'd make arrangements ahead of time, I've been told theres going to be a rush on the 9007's as soon as they are made available (as soon as they are DOT approved or whatever the holdup is). I know there is a list of people on the F-150 online mailing list waiting for the 9007's to be released that is in to the double-triple digits. As well as plenty of Explorer owners that have 95-2001's and want ot get their hands on some real bulbs.

------------------
Matt Adams
94 Explorer 4-door nick-named "Tippy"
http://bart.is-s.com/~explorers/explorer/explorer.html

Hello,

I thought about the PIAA's and the blue lights but ended up getting the Hella 80/100w 9004 replacements for my 91EB. They are really bright and I am very happy with them. Even better was that is was about $25.00 for everything.
http://catalog.com/susq/hella/bulbs.htm is a great source for Hella stuff and is much cheaper than others I have bought from. They also don't hose you on shipping.

Best regards.
hg

------------------
'91 EB, 4dr, 2wd

Back