Crozet, VA 10th anniversary run chat thread | Page 25 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Crozet, VA 10th anniversary run chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dopler174 said:
How many people are coming to this event? Last I counted it was about 20 or so. :burnout:

Hey look at this way, if 20 people show up, then you have a 1 in 20 chance to win something :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Maybe it would be a good idea to get Chris's input as far as park is concerned. For Saturday nite, might be good to get together at the bon fire pit. Don't know about parking though. How many are camping at Crozet if any?

whats this about people running easier trails, wusses, j/k honeslty im looking for something a Little bit more challenging that GWNF, i was BORED with those trails, a 2wd stock truck could have made it. not that i will dop anything other than blues anyway.

Free Camping

What about the "Free Primitive Camping" that we were promised? I wanna get there Friday night that way I can get a fresh start Saturday. If I get there Friday, is anybody else gonna be there or is everybody gonna get there Saturday morning? If I get there Friday, How do I get to the free campsite?

Dopler174 said:
What about the "Free Primitive Camping" that we were promised? I wanna get there Friday night that way I can get a fresh start Saturday. If I get there Friday, is anybody else gonna be there or is everybody gonna get there Saturday morning? If I get there Friday, How do I get to the free campsite?

The free primitive camping is at Crozet. Contact Chris@xjsrule.com if your interested in their primitive camping. I'll be down there Friday afternoon/evening. I may be out on the trails the day before to see what they are like with Chris or I may just spend some time in town getting everything ready.

Me and Gasouthern1 are gonna be there Fri. if all goes as planned.

Blee1099 said:
The free primitive camping is at Crozet. Contact Chris@xjsrule.com if your interested in their primitive camping. I'll be down there Friday afternoon/evening. I may be out on the trails the day before to see what they are like with Chris or I may just spend some time in town getting everything ready.

You arent going to be wheeling your truck the day before are you? All we need is for you to break something before the run even starts. We all know how you are with your favorite "Ben Peddle"

hehehehehehe

Blee seems to be our leader for this event. I think we are best served if we just aknowledge that. Perhaps Ben can preprare a schedule of meetings.

Early is fine with me. I am leaning towards Crozet on Saturday and GWNF on Sunday, but I am flexable.

Some information on Crozet, It is really a bunch of obsticles connected by short trails. If you want to be challenged you will get your wish. IMO the easiest stuff at Crozet is equal to the hardest stuff in the GWNF. So bring a change of drawers, spare parts, and expect body damage if you plan to wheel hard. The park is relatively small, but is full of challenging trails (obsticles). The trails all begin around a large field (about 1000-feet square). The field is the staging and camping area. Rough camping (port-a-john) is available. Chris and Heather are good people, so we will be welcome.

I do not recall seeing any decent size resturants in Crozet, but Charlottesville is 10-minutes away and they have everything.

I do not know what vehicles everbody is bringing, but the GWNF is a great option for the non-hardcore participants or perhaps a Sunday drive through the woods where you won't break anything.

So where is this other camp ground that you all are staying?

I'll be there on friday, but i don't know if i'm taking off the whole day or half day, either way i'll be there around dinner time.

Those of you that will be there on friday, you all want to meet up for dinner?

I'll be there real late...like 10:30 or 11:00. I won't be leaving my house till 7:00 or 8:00 and it's a three and a half hour ride for me. What time do you others plan to be there? I don't know about getting something to eat, but it would be nice to know your way around. Nighttime is always stranger than daytime when you don't know where you are. ;)

JoshC said:
So where is this other camp ground that you all are staying?

I'll be there on friday, but i don't know if i'm taking off the whole day or half day, either way i'll be there around dinner time.

Those of you that will be there on friday, you all want to meet up for dinner?

I will be up there around 2 or 3, I am leaving my house at 7-8am. We should definately meet up though.

Only if you are going to wheel that dodge!

I'll be meeting Josh Adams and GASouthern somewhere along the way, so I'll be there friday too.

JoshC said:
Only if you are going to wheel that dodge!

It is gonna get wheeled for sure, I should have sliders by then so I wont be scared of much that isnt insane, should be a blast.

LBarr2002 said:
I'll be meeting Josh Adams and GASouthern somewhere along the way, so I'll be there friday too.

Larry, I think we are leaving around 7am. Is that what time you were planning on?

Alright show of hands, who is showing up Friday and who is showing up Saturday morning?

I am showing on Saturday morning. I will most likely be staying at Misty Mountian Campground. If most are staying at the off-road park or Misty Mountian is full, then I am going to stay at the off-road park.

Blee, thanks for the directions!
Josh, Thanks for the tip on the c-clip mod...I may be calling on you for you expertise when/if I get the locker...I need it though but money is tight

I dont know when I will be getting there...not going to be Friday..I know that, maybe Sat. morning or evening and I will be camping at the off-road park Sat night.

Friday Night for me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Late Friday afternoon early evening. I am staying at misty mountain. I guess I should start picking up my tools off the garage floor. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back