East Coast Trashed Thread | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

East Coast Trashed Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
and why would i want to wheel with people who somehow think they are above everyone. If this is truly a wheeling trip then hopefully we can look past the problems coordinating it has caused and just go and wheel. Comon guys, its not that hard. Think before you talk.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I suggest we adopt the moto of the Ultimate Adventure "4-wheel and Off-road Magazine" NO WHINNERS. If you want to come do if you do not then stay home.

I plan to do the prerun on October 14 and 15. Anybody else that wants to go let me know. I will likely go even if I and alone.

bmxking5 said:
I definitely agree with you. I too find it sickening that people are saying all of this BS, and it's even worse that they are saying it's most of the other people too who think that. It also really pisses me off that because a few people want to whine about another hour or two of driving, they've done enough to piss off Rick. It's about an 8 hour drive for me, and I still plan on coming. IDK care if I'm on 31s, 37s, or in Jason's Explorer...I'm coming as long as we still have one. I was actually somewhat hoping that we'd have it a distance away. Not because I want to spend a ton on gas, but because I want the oppurtunity to offroad in new places. I haven't been to Tellico yet, but it is much closer than Crozet. That will be one of the first places I go after I complete my axle swap...then I'll be a regular there. :p Hopefully everyone will realize they have to compromise, they'll stop their *****ing, and then we can have an organized run like the rest of the country is having. :fire:
What he said X 2......and I'm a nebie to this forum.and I'm not all that far from Lawrenceville,Ga.It would be almost an 8 hr ride for me.And I'm gonna do my best to try and make this run.

sn0border88 said:
and why would i want to wheel with people who somehow think they are above everyone. If this is truly a wheeling trip then hopefully we can look past the problems coordinating it has caused and just go and wheel. Comon guys, its not that hard. Think before you talk.

Please don't show up...

Several of the people that voted for paragon did so because their trucks are far more modified than yours making it nearly impossible to drive that far down the highway. Also making the cost of travel far more than yours.

Rick's Reply:
Man I hate whiners... It's a lousy 249 miles from West Chester to Crozet and you're *****ing and moaning?? It's too far, it cost too much... WAHHHH!!

We have nearly 35 people signed up for Moab already. People from 7 states have registered! The majority of people going have at least a 7 hour drive and they don't have trailers... WTF is up with some of you East Coasters expecting everything to happen right in your own backyard??? I don't get this from ANYWHERE else. The Western guys were all good with Moab even though it scored the LOWEST in our first poll. The Mid-Westerners are good with Attica, the East Coasters? Well... they need 3 freakin' runs just to keep them happy so they don't have to "drive too far".

Gerald combined the votes of people who said they could go to either place or had no preference. That is perfectly acceptable and when you tally the votes those people made up 55% of the total. Those who said they could only go to one place or the other lost... sorry, but that's fair and that's how it goes.

Virginia seems like the perfect location for an East Coast run considering it's practically in the center of the Coast. You can't get more fair than that.

The point isnt travel distance. THe point is fairness and bullshit. This is bullshit. I have not complained about driving distance, you have. I havent really whined either, simply pointed out the bullshit. You have to see it. I am sorry that more arent willing to say something. We both know its a load of crap and the numbers were there. No I dont think crozet is a great idea for places to go but would accept it had it won the vote. IT DIDNT! Plain and simple. Fair is keeping the decision in the hands of the people. We were gien the impression it was. WEll obviously it was not. That is without a doubt messed up. There cant be debate on the vote going one way and the decision going the other to suit a moderator better. BULLSHIT

And from another user... This is actually his second message to me, I didn't keep the first. All I did was tell him that I had no intentions of driving from AZ to the East Coast for a run. That I was only willing to drive from AZ to Attica, Indiana and that the East Coast should set up their own anniversary run without me. As far as the manner in which I told this guy... well it was a hell of a lot better than the reply I gave the guy who posted the PM above... If he wants to post my full reply that's fine with me... As far as the "East Coast Getting Shafted" I can't understand that. You guys have your own Explorer clubs, you setup your own runs, yet somehow I "shaft" you guys? I would like to know what the hell that means since no one else in the country has accused me of that :confused:

As an admin, something that involves the ENTIRE orgnaziation should not be put out of consideration simply because you dont feel like it. I respect the drive you are willing to make, but the manner in which you said that to me, was simply disrespectful, and self centered. Now again, im aware that there is a run being planned (by us) for "us east coast guys" but in my understanding, thats another way of saying, "screw you guys, your on your own." I know you dont have the best relationships with some of the people out here but that is no excuse. Anyways, all im asking for is that in the future, simply act as an admin should when making important announcements, and please consider an ann. run held strictly on the east coast. Honestly we feel like we always get shafted and we're getting tired of it.

Wow, no guns are pointed at anyone's heads here. Wheel where you want, when you want, and call it what you want. Step up and organize something, if you don't like what or how someone else took the time to try and set up.

I'm going to the Moab run. It's a 14 freaking hour drive for me. Do I wish it were at Truckhaven, 2 hours from me? Yes, but it's not. So, I choose to go where the party is at. Or I don't. Simple. I, and the other local SoCals, will go to Truckhaven some other time. Be there or don't. :shrug:

I will speak up about what I attempted to say and got insulted instead of heard. Not everyone may agree and thats fine but I ask anyone reading is adult to leave the insults at home.

I have attempted to express how I did not like the way the decision was made. I do feel as though we were given a mistaken impression that the decision was in our hands. I agree that corzet may infact be the best choice at this point. A better way to handle it may have been the decision being made then everyone being told the location. I was even figuring on going untill I was insulted by a moderator. This is about wheeling, absolutely. I am not whining about my travel time here. Nor about new places as I think they are a great thing. I tried to figure out how the decision was made at which point i was insulted and told off. Cant we get past this crap and wheel? I will happily admit that a couple of the PM quotes are my words. I hope that I worded this well enough that people atleast see my point weather they agree with it or not is up to them. I am not asking anyone to agree, simply to see.

Have a great trip for all those who attend.

West Siiiiide!!

RangerX said:
I'm going to the Moab run. It's a 14 freaking hour drive for me. Do I wish it were at Truckhaven, 2 hours from me? Yes, but it's not. So, I choose to go where the party is at. Or I don't. Simple. I, and the other local SoCals, will go to Truckhaven some other time. Be there or don't. :shrug:
Amen brother, without a trailer!!

This is the first time I checked out this thread and HOLY HELL... :thumbdwn: :rolleyes:

Rookie i understand your points but go back and look at the poll.

You have willing to compromise, and either place which are essentially willing to compromise. So add them together and your looking at more willing to compromise and/or go anywhere it was going to be held than people who voted for Paragon. I hope that solves the confusion you were refering to as "bullshit".

I honestly dont care where it is as long as the most people that can go show up, and from the poll it looks like that was a compromise for Crozet.

NO hard feelings and hope you show. :thumbsup:

I can't wait for the sign up sheet.. Once we have it and we can put all this needless talk to bed and look forward to our 2K6 run...

Just for what its worth I am thrilled to have the east coast run close enough for me to enjoy for two days, my time is limited. Aside from my convenience, Crozet is a very good choice just for geographic reasons. The GWNF is very close. Adequete resources within 30-minute drive. Crozet was worthy of an article in 4-wheel and offroad just a couple of months.

Thanks Nissanboy, I apreciate your adult way of explaining things. No hard feelings indeed. I still may show but lots depends on the next several months and how those who have been insulting deal with the future

Same thing happend with the central run. 70 people voted for badlands and only 11 have signed up. All these people *****ed about not having one run out west, got what they wanted, and now aren't going to take advantage of that.

I will be at all three barring any unforseen expenses. Dont worry abotu the sign up numbers yet... most will sign up when they year part of the calendar say 2006 at least.

This is what our dash plaques are going to look like:

attachment.php

The same backround as this one, but it will say

"Serious Explorations"
10th Anniversary
Moab 2006

Badlands 2006
or Crozet 2006.

Sweet looking plaque Rick. I just finished reading the last 4 pages since i last visited this site, and i look forward to getting a the newest edition
-----------------"SERIOUS EXPLORATIONS"----------------
---------EAST COAST WHINE AND COMPLAIN FEST---------
---------------------SEPTEMBER 2005---------------------

This has been quite rediculous since the beginning of the first east coast thread. Like rick said, West coast guys had no problem with moab, and theMid-West guys have no problem with Attica.

How come us East coast guys havent been able to agree on a single thing since the beginning of, the first thread? The other two runs didnt need 3 Threads to decide on a location. No wonder the origional planner has had to step down. No wonder Rick doesnt want to come. WHO EVER SAID THIS SITE WAS A DEMOCRACY? WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO BE PISSED OFF? AND HOW EXACTLY IS A RUN DIRECTLY IN THE MIDDLE OF OUR F'N COAST LINE NOT FAIR TO EVERYONE WHO LIVES ON OUR F'N COAST? Its in Crozet. End of discussion. Shut up.

Im not sure if labeling it as an "east coast" problem; there are a few people whom shall reamain un-named that have been causing the issues. Yes the East Coast in general has had trouble deciding where to go, but up until a few days ago, there was no fighting it was just taking a while to wind down the polls. The "east coast" does not have a bad attitude, its a few people that happen to live here. Thats just my opinion and in NO WAY am i trying to start anything, i have no hard feelings for anyone who has referred to us in this way, becasue quite honestly i am embarrassed to be represented by those select few. I jsut wanted to put this out in the air. But Thank you Rick for attempting to help out, Im sorry that it turned out the way it did. Thank you Gerald for attempting to make a fun event for everyone even through all the *****ing. And Thank you Ben Lee for picking up the slack when things are down. Last but not least Thank you to everyone who has actually kept their cool during this rediculous and asinine event. Some of us like to have a good time wherever that may be...

becasue quite honestly i am embarrassed to be represented by those select few

As am I. That is why I am angry. But the way I look at it is, us east coast guys (including myself) cant get a run together, thats an east coast problem. We can draw names all day, point fingers all day, and throw s#it at eachother all day, but we were having problems long before it all hit the fan. Face the facts guys, we look like idiots. Not as individuals, but at a whole. Lets try to salvage a run. Ill being the beer for after the wheeling, someone else bring the dogs n' burgers.

I agree. Thank You!

No problem rick.

End of discussion. Shut up.

Time to take my own advice.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry Rick, one last post and im done. Since others on this forum have told people to come out and stop pm'ing the admins with their concerns, ill just say it outl loud.

Quote: Rick.
Originally Posted by sn0border88
and why would i want to wheel with people who somehow think they are above everyone. If this is truly a wheeling trip then hopefully we can look past the problems coordinating it has caused and just go and wheel. Comon guys, its not that hard. Think before you talk. End Quote

Please don't show up... (Said by Rick)

So Rick, in your words, me asking for others to try and put aside their differences, get their **** together and wheel is reason to ask me not to show up? Well sorry Rick, but despite the distain I feel for some of the people on this thread, im going to Cozet, so screw you. (I would rather of said this in private, but since apperantly thats not what PM's are meant for I have no other choice but to do it in here. Rick, youve done an awsome job on this forum, its lead me to a bunch of new friends, and for that I thank you. But please, try and respect people on this forum. I think that you should lead by an example, and what kind of example it this?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back