East Coast Trashed Thread | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

East Coast Trashed Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
slravene said:
is rick comming all the way out here?

Unknown. I am seriously considering it, since my parents/family live along the way (Omaha, NE).

By having it the weekend after the run at the Badlands means just another day's drive, and I'm in Crozet..

Of course, it's then 4 days back to the SFBay area..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

4 days...hmm thats alot ;) i think when we trek to Moab we are gonna try and do it straight, 32-34 hours....ok maybe one stop lol

Hey, I'm in. Now I know what days to ask off for when January comes around!! I can't wait to wheel somewhere new too. I plan on being on 35"s and have a winch by then.

Maybe all of us from GA, SC, and NC can caravan up there. We'll just stop at designated stops on the way and pick up more and more trucks on the way.

There is not a map online. All our trails are guided though.

Trail levels (and advised equipment) All rigs would benefit from some kind of rocker protection if you care about your rockers (Front and rear tow points with straps required on all runs):

Low Blue = Stock to some mods

Middle Blue = 33's help a lot.

High Blue = 33's and 1 locker. Rock rails highly advised to keep the rocks off the rockers

Black = 33's and up 2 lockers, full skids, at least a bolt in cage recommended

Black/Red (The rigs MUST have) = 35's and up. Full cage tied into frame. Body damage and/or drivetrain damage will happen.

Most rocks on the low blue can be navigated around.

Chris

how many low blues-middle blue trails are there? enough to entertain for a day?

Where can I find info on Crozet?

Basic stuff like Admission Cost, Rules & regs, Parking accommodations etc...

jeepnchris on the board is the owner....he watches this thread so just post a quesiton and he will answer it

DeRocha said:
Where can I find info on Crozet?

Basic stuff like Admission Cost, Rules & regs, Parking accommodations etc...

I believe it is $40 for a 2 day pass and $25 for a one day pass. Hopefully I am right. There is plenty of parking there even for trailers and RV's from what I've been told. There is a no alcohol on the trails policy plus any other policies we have on our trail rides. You can reach Chris at jeepnchris@xjsrule.com

Josh Adams said:
Maybe all of us from GA, SC, and NC can caravan up there. We'll just stop at designated stops on the way and pick up more and more trucks on the way.

SWEET IDEA. THE ATTENTION THAT WE WILL GET. I normally go up 95 to Va, but 85 goes there too. Either way. I will need a list of everyone who lives closest to either route. Once that info is obtained then we can start planning when and at what exit to meet up at. In this case cell phone#s will have to obtained. self explanitory.

Anybody have a good dictonary, Cause I cannot spell.

i will be leaving from charlotte if i end up going. there are a few charlotte guys i think.

I would be coming through Charlotte, either on 85 from Clemson, or 77 from home.

ok, well either are easily accessed from anywhere in charlotte so that easy enough....who else?

jeepnchris said:
June 24th 2006 weekend works great. FYI most wheelers camp here. Yes it is primitive. We have bonfires, night wheeling, and other adventures that await you. If you plan on staying somewhere else please do not plan on drinking and driving in this area, you may end up in a place with a cage that is not inside your rig! BTW there is no drinking on our trail runs - night runs, well you'll find out. :D
Chris

Chris, let's confirm it for that weekend. The date is set. Now everyone can start to make plans, and we've got all year to work it out.

I'm pumped to check out crozet, I'm glad it was chosen! :thumbsup:

Of course I may :roll: but we'll see ;).

yea but :roll: makes you cool!

I will be coming on 85 from the Clemson area too. I could actually hit 3 or 4 exits really.

We would all have to leave on the same day though in order for this to work. And for the Upstate SC guys, and for other guys too, maybe we should all meet at a central location so we don't have to stop at every other exit to pick up people.

I can't wait for this to happen. I will have a winch by then, gettin one from Robb. Now I'm designing a bumper for it to go on!!

BenS said:
I'm pumped to check out crozet, I'm glad it was chosen! :thumbsup:

I'm glad to see a PA guy excited, that's cool!

Cost is 25/day 40/weekend

Plenty of room for tow rigs, RV's etc...

Not many rules other than you must not be a jackass ;) . No ETOH on the trail. Please take the trash you brought with you away. Please do not throw bottles or cans in the fire pit.

There are more than enough trails to keep everybody busy for many days.

Chris

Thanks for the info Chris.... This is going to be Sweeeeeeeeet :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I might be in on this one, it really depends on my job situation then because that will be about a month after I graduate. I will still be on 33s and just l/s more than likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back