Custom Front Winch Bumper

91exploreron37

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bartlett Tn
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Eddie Bauer
I am searching for either a tube or steel plate winch bumper for my 91 ex I tried james duff but they are out of stock and working on a new design from what the guy told me. I'm having a hard time finding a pre-made bumper for 1st gens so if anybody is willing to make me one I can pay for it up front for the materials and time.
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

try searching for a Smittybilt front tube bumper... I have one of those and it has been great

it's rated for like 8000 lbs winch but with a few mods I've got a 12,000 lbs Mile Marker running on it with no issues.

I decied to go with the new Kennesesaw winch bumper

Attachments

• P1010005.jpg
    P1010005.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,365
  • P1010006.jpg
    P1010006.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 1,363
  • P1010007.jpg
    P1010007.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 4,173

Thanks! Yea I was looking at potsy's bumper when it was just a prototype but decided to go with this one instead, but I kinda wish I had of went with potsy now, it's cheaper and I would have gotten it a month and a half earlier.

man that bumper is smokin!

So how much did it cost? I found their website but no prices.

Heres the pricing, also the picture on there site is the old style bumper so disregard that one.
http://www.kenmtnac.com/WiRanger.html

I spent a total of $650 which is 500 for the bumper with shackle mounts and a light bar and 150 on shipping. It was about a good $250 cheaper to have it shipped to a terminal rather than my home address.

Also its held up pretty good so far, even though the real test will come when I get a winch but I've used the shackle mounts to pull another explorer out with no problems and I've ran down trees a little bigger than a cd case without a budge however it did chip the paint which was expected anyway.

I decied to go with the new Kennesesaw winch bumper

I looked at the same bumper but i decided it was too low under the headlights/in front of the tires. I'm going to have Pottsy install a single bar under my headlights eventually.

1704081242ju1.jpg

Got my shackle mounts on since this picture.

I see the limited is coming along:thumbsup:. What were you planning to do with your other X?
Man only if those wheels were 15s

I sold the other X with the lift, minus everything else for $600 to a buddy of mine, purchased and driven for 20,000 miles for $300 when i bought it. It had 300,000 on it when i sold it. At least 3,000 of those 20,000 were on trails.

I love that bumper!I'll have to put that on my list!

How heavy is it?Did it lower the front at all?

great looking bumper there.. i have a 94 xlt, im looking for a bumper for. But i think i may have one mde ant a fab shop..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It is painted, just Krylon rust tough aluminum spray bomb. I might paint it a different color later on but it gets abused pretty bad so spray paint is simple to touch up.

Back