Custom Front Winch Bumper | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Custom Front Winch Bumper

Kennesaw Mtn. Is maybe an hour away from my house! :D

I just made some modifications to my front bumper on my last off roading excursion!:thumbdwn:
I got buried and was sitting on the frame. Got stuck in some ruts. At least I went straight and not left. Some bush hogger went to the left side of the mud pit I was in. Really deep and wide holes! Found that out when walking around in the crap trying to get out. Had nor have tow hooks on the front, so we had to use the bumper. Now it sticks out!
Great exuse to get a great bumper like the black one above!

Need tires first.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It is painted, just Krylon rust tough aluminum spray bomb. I might paint it a different color later on but it gets abused pretty bad so spray paint is simple to touch up.

Oh yea I can tell its painted now when looking at the welds. I like black better but that color goes with the silver wheels and white truck.

Kennesaw Mtn. Is maybe an hour away from my house! :D

I just made some modifications to my front bumper on my last off roading excursion!:thumbdwn:
I got buried and was sitting on the frame. Got stuck in some ruts. At least I went straight and not left. Some bush hogger went to the left side of the mud pit I was in. Really deep and wide holes! Found that out when walking around in the crap trying to get out. Had nor have tow hooks on the front, so we had to use the bumper. Now it sticks out!
Great exuse to get a great bumper like the black one above!

Need tires first.

Go for it man! It'll save you shipping as well. I've pulled plenty of people out with it so far and it has budged a bit... too bad I cant say the same for the stock rear bumper. Its barely hanging by the bent body lift brackets.

Oh yea I can tell its painted now when looking at the welds. I like black better but that color goes with the silver wheels and white truck.

My 3yr old wants to paint it cotton candy pink, i own a cotton candy trailer, or key lime. My wife wants to paint it to match the teal pinstripe. Pottsy wants it black but silver matches the truck so silver it is for now. Then again if my truck was the same color as yours i'd go with bronze so i could put these on it.

imagesashxixdbronzemonsgz5.jpg

p100ki could you post a picture of the truck from the side so i can see how far the bumper sticks out

Here are a couple pics, it started out as just plate and the stinger and bars are welded on however you want. My bumper was built for one specific hill on our hunting property. I need it to push up the hill and the truck actually comes down the hill on it.

2023809acff4dd910716baaed44cf3598b25482.jpg

20238109718e592047a7f248e1f30d6058e809a.jpg

2023808a27becaa7f5143ad6680367b3548e91f.jpg

The last picture is the current configuration.

Ok i thought it stuck out farther. I had seen the other pic on the other explorer. I thought that yours was sticking out more.

Whoops

Nice bumper...:thumbsup:

I offer this as a turn key out of the box unit... For $469 plus shipping... Shipping runs around the $50 range give or take..:p:

DSC06125.JPG

DSC06126.JPG

Back