Custom gauge faces that you can make out of paper | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Custom gauge faces that you can make out of paper

When do you plan on installing them?? I want a nighttime pic of them when you do.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You mentioned one is a Canadian type. Do you have a raw scan of the US version you could send me or post here? I wanna start from scratch because I am just starting to learn to use Photoshop.

Just to answer the question of white face gauges and the white lettering of the stock gauges.

It is very easy to convert the white to another color by a number of means. The quickest is to simply invert the colors, thus making the white black. To change to another color you can edit the layer with the white gauges by simply coloring them in with the color of your choice.

Thanks...

Brock

Re: I Need some help here!!!!

Originally posted by AlaskanJack
I want to add something like this to my 93 X. I don't have the ability to create this myself. I will pay for the service!!

I want to do something like cat and tiger, but with moose, grizzly and northern lights. Or dog sled and northern lights.

Let me know. kurt@rogershsa.com

Do you have the pictures you want on the gauges? I can give it a try.

Final and raw scanned image files for your viewing & Photoshop-ing pleasure.

Dead Link Removed in Photopshop format (422k zip) ready for print.

Dead Link Removed in Photoshop format (4.9 MB zip) Just paint over the Canadian speedo in black. [I left it for our friends up North :ca:]

Dead Link Removed (3.5 MB zip)

Dead Link Removed (199k jpg) This is where I pulled the US speedo from.

If you need any help let me know. SSIKORA and I have been discussing some of the inconsistancies in the different years and I can easily modify my final gauges if you need.

I'm looking to install them next week so check back.

Thanks Harry!!! The color for the "4WD Auto" and "4WD Low" lights are just like the O/D light. Can you uploaad that for us?? Thanks again!!!!!

Let me see if I can come up with the pics in the next few days. Working 12 hr days and have to commute a little over an hour each way so I have little time for anything but sleep.

Do you use transparency paper or regular white paper?
Mike

OK Jack. Let me know.

I have cousins that live in Anchorage. It's a great state. Denali is humongous and the glaciers are cool (pun defininitly intended).

How far is Wasilla from there?

Mine doesn't say 4WD AUTO....it just Says 4WD and 4WD LOW. But either way will work for me....maybe more like "4WD AUTO SUCKS"

i think that this is pretty tight. but i wasnt sure if i should put the #'s on.

during the day
vwp

at night
vwp

never mind i have to link to another host

I need help.How do you get the dummy lights to scan??

I tried with cover open still no luck.They are very faint.I need some help..I have my truck tore apart I can't get the stupid dummy lights to scan in right...
Thanks
Mike

I did but some of the dummy lights were a little different,so I was going to try to scan mine but I can't seem to get it to work right.I'll try the brightness/contrast.Thanks for the help.
Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh, my bad. It's only "4WD", not 4WD Auto. Sorry. Thanks!!

Back