How to: - Dana 44 TTB outers on a Dana 35 TTB | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
I just replyed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

why don't you guys modify the beams at the lower ball joint to correct for camber? It makes it so your front track width doesn't narrow as much, gives you better ground clearance, less work, etc...

Just curious...

The Reason I did was because I wanted to modify the Beams as little as possible.

Kris

It's actually less work to move the lower ball joint mount out a little to correct for camber than it is to cut and turn the beam. I have a set of beams modified this way and they look stock because there's so little work done.
I'd post a pic, but I don't know how....I'll try to figure it out.

Kris pulling out the big guns! ;)

I didnt cut and turn my own beams. I had another member make them for me. I dont have welding skills of my own yet. :cool:

They're done, that's what really counts.

Question: I've got a d44 ttb front end and a d35 in my garage. I've been measuring the 2 knuckles & the d44 knuckles are slightly larger everywhere. In particular, between the upper and lower ball joint. How did you make sure the axleshaft stayed straight when mounting up the d44 knuckles?

By the way, thanks for posting your progress and all the info, I know a lot of people appreciate it.

Did this thread die?

No.... He will see it shortly. Kris.....

Thread is not dead just short of cash to finsh the swap. its still working along.

Trckmagik said:
No.... He will see it shortly. Kris.....

LOL, Kris. I think we can all relate to that! My project is at a stand still for the same reason....

By the way, I was't bashing kris or anyone, I think what he's doing is great.

I didnt think any one was bashing

I am short on Cash due to getting screwed on a Paint Job on my Navajo. The guy that painted my Truck made my truck look like total ... Ok any way you get the point. I am now at the point of taking the guy to court for $3000.00 that I paid a while back to have my truck painted. So I have to have the Truck painted or Rust will form in the spot that were not prepped right. So I have to find a way to get my truck painted. Even went court is said and done I might not clear enought to paint the truck right. I have worked very very hard on my navajo and Most of the guys here that have seen it know that. Its even worse cause I am having to replace some of the sheet metal on the Truck. The Front axle is done for the Most part I just cant afford to put the rest together. It will be soon though. I hope..

Kris who on this sight did you cut and turned beams. And how much do they cost?

Ryan

Oh man here we go again...hahaha Brett builds the beams, Brett@explorerforum

410Fortune said:
Oh man here we go again...hahaha Brett builds the beams, Brett@explorerforum

What do you mean here we go again, obviously i didn't know or I wouldnt have asked. thats how you find things out here right, by asking

Ryan

touchy touchy ryan, LOL

Kris that really sucks about your whole paint situation. I hope you're able to get it straightened out...at least partially.

great work Kris, after spending hours changing out the bearings on my D35 this swap is looking better and better to me, but how do you overcome the lug pattern diffrence on the rear and keep the 8.8 disk brakes?

I just saw this thread. Nice work Kris :D That's a great mod for the D-35.

I was going to install new axle shafts with a 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern to match and have the disc's drilled for the new lug pattern. The other way to do it is to use adaptors.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

any updates on this? been alittle while starting to look really good to me, seeing I finally got a set of wheel bearings to last more then 1000 miles but now my truck seems to be breaking wheel studs... :rolleyes:

Back