deamon3's Jurassic Park explorer build thread | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

deamon3's Jurassic Park explorer build thread

Hey deamon thanks for the tour video on youtube! Do you mind if I rip it to a DVD for my Explorer?

Also, where'd you get your brushguard?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thought I'd post this here as well , current state of the vehicle itself. Hopefully this year it'll get some love when it goes to the dealer for an overhaul.

dscn2136y.jpg

Good to see you're moving forward. I just started on my own conversion. If my lead on the bubble roof pans out, I will let you guys know. I still have never heard back from my contact. He is a friend of my dad's and apparently is going through some life crises right now.

Strong work on your monitor and its programming. That is going to be awesome. I probably won't take the interior that far, but I want to make it as close as possible on the outside. Thanks for the lead on the battery box cover.

I'm new to the forum, I don't own an Explorer. But I just thought that you'd like to know that there's a computer called a Raspberry Pi, it's about the size of a credit card and runs a version of Linux. It has an RCA jack, HDMI, audio out jack built in and could run your videos. It would be extremely easy to fit it anywhere in the cabin. Heck, you could use it to web browse or do what you want if you don't want to run the JP video. You can get them at www.element14.com/community/groups/raspberry-pi‎
I don't want to sound like a commercial, but they're amazing little computers that can be used for a wide variety of applications. And here's the kicker, they're only like 35.00.

Most likely the tour software will just be dvd based , much more simple.

I actually did it , I cut the hole in the roof and added the plexiglass top , I think I might be the first person to ever do this to a home made jp explorer.

3sck8.jpg

1042kop.jpg

Damn that's impressive. I also believe you are the first to actually do the plexiglass dome. What happened to the other Explorer you had done up? That thing was great looking

Wow. Yeah you're the first I'm pretty certain! Great job dude! So naturally I have to ask: where'd you source the plexi and how'd you shape it? Getting a real shop to make one for me is proving difficult since it's a one-off and they won't make much money on the deal.

How come you didn't take the headliner out first? I bet in your zeal to install the plexi you went into 'screw it' mode. Haha!

I have templates for the rear fiberglass dome taken from the Islands of Adventure car in case you're interested. My rear dome is based on the template and about halfway done - looks pretty spot on. Check your PM for it.

How come you didn't take the headliner out first? I bet in your zeal to install the plexi you went into 'screw it' mode. Haha!

Yea pretty much , lol. That and it's a grey interior so it's gonna get ripped out anyway.

how are you reinforcing the roof structure since you cut out the internal roof crossmembers?

how are you reinforcing the roof structure since you cut out the internal roof crossmembers?

Well considering it's a 900$ heap of junk that would drive fine even if I removed the entire roof.... nothing at all.

First off great build... I must have missed it what ever happened to the first one... body looked in way better shape..

Pragmatic. I dig it.

How thick is that plexi? Looks like you just screwed it right into the metal around the sides?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First off great build... I must have missed it what ever happened to the first one... body looked in way better shape..

The body actually wasn't in any better shape on the first one , just had more bondo and plastic covering it up. This one will get the bondo treatment too.

Back