Detroit Axle parts any good? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Detroit Axle parts any good?

We've used Detroit axle for a lot of front end parts on various Ford's, explorer f-150's, and have had no issue. Have a 99 on the road we redid front end, tie rods, control arms and ball joints about 100,000 miles ago!

I won't use cheap quality parts if I can help it, Detroit axle are at the low end.

I have a front CV driveshaft rebuild kit from them, bought before I read of the issues years ago. I don't plan to use it, even Dorman is a step above the DA parts. I'll sell it to you reasonably if you'd like it, it's for 1998-2001 models, V6 or V8.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Detroit Axle is the same gamble as buying any of the really cheap, low end brands. Maybe you'll get lucky but for the types of parts most buy from them, it's not worth the gamble. If they sold cupholder sleeves or floor mats... "Maybe". I wouldn't install a ball joint, CV axle, or hub/bearing from them if it was free.

Detroit Axle is the same gamble as buying any of the really cheap, low end brands. Maybe you'll get lucky but for the types of parts most buy from them, it's not worth the gamble. If they sold cupholder sleeves or floor mats... "Maybe". I wouldn't install a ball joint, CV axle, or hub/bearing from them if it was free.
Yea its just about almost always best to pay up for the Oem parts
Ill admit I've been fooled a time or two

Yea its just about almost always best to pay up for the Oem parts
Ill admit I've been fooled a time or two
And most of us were at least once at a point in our lives where we couldn't afford the OEM parts.

I went through 5 cheap reman half shafts for a Watercooled VW with lifetime warranties, before I learned that just because they had a lifetime warranty didn't mean that they would last. After crawling under the car 5 times I had to just pony up the money for New instead.

And most of us were at least once at a point in our lives where we couldn't afford the OEM parts.

I went through 5 cheap reman half shafts for a Watercooled VW with lifetime warranties, before I learned that just because they had a lifetime warranty didn't mean that they would last. After crawling under the car 5 times I had to just pony up the money for New instead.

Funny, that reminds me of a new starter I got in 1981 from Autoshack with a lifetime guarantee. They only lasted about a year and a half, I had to R&R them about four times before I learned. I bought a used one from a friend, a spare he had from his 1971 Mustang 351C wrecked car. I also learned later that the new small starters of the 302HO would work on older SBF's, with a minor wiring change.

Back