For Sale - Dual Exhaust Kit for V8 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale Dual Exhaust Kit for V8 Explorer

I'm selling this "kit" I made for a V8 explorer for $125. I can't guarantee fitment on a stock height truck but the dual-in/out flowmaster muffler piece is easily worth that alone and would give you a good start if you wanted to make your own or if you didn't use the tail pipes it sounds pretty mean by itself. It fits onto all the stock hangers except for the drivers side were obviously there isn't any hangers.

Go here for background info and pictures: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292878

The pipes obviously now have a bit more rust on them then in the pictures since everything was new then, but are still solid and can be cleaned and painted pretty easily.

Got a soundclip? I'm looking into this exact setup.

I don't have a sound clip, I wish I did. I'll say this setup sounded perfect for me, I didn't want it driving me nuts on the highway but it still had a nice growl when driving around town and at idle. I highly recommend the flowmaster 40 I used. Here is the excellent customer service email I got from flowmaster when I asked if I should use the 40 or 2 44's:

Hello Nick,
For you '98 Ford Explorer V8 I recommend that you run the 9525454 dual in / dual out Super 40. It's much easier to work with and it will perform much better on your particular application. If you decide to run two individual mufflers your explorer in a sense that would be a true dual exhaust system which may cause you to loose low-end torque. The Super 40 will produce a healthy V8 tone, perform great and allow you to get the dual exhaust look your shooting for. The in between distance on the dual in / dual out Super 40 is approximately 5 inches which won't be identical to your stock OE pipes but it will still allow both sides to connect. The two individual Super 44's will be a bit louder versus the single dual in / dual out Super 40 but not drastically.
Thank you for contacting Flowmaster.
Alex Ortega
Inside Sales Representative
Flowmaster, Inc.
1 (800) 544-4761, ext. 444

BTW this kit is spoken for at the moment, if it falls through I will repost here.

Back