dual exhaust? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

dual exhaust?

So it can be done? Heh.

nick

Quick question

What do duals sound like????? Does it sound like a honda or what?

Peace out,

Drew

Dual exhaust solution

Hey all, I put duals on my 97 SOHC and they sound great. One could use a Flowmaster 524553 (2.25" Dual in/ Dual out). I went with 2 mufflers side by side. I cut off the stock muffler right before the flanges, slipped on a pair of Maremont mufflers for $40 at JC Whitney www.jcwhitney.com/item.jhtml?ITEMID=3549 I then took it down to the local muffler shop and had them run dual 2.25" out the back with one on either side for $100. I then put on a pair of cheap chrome tips from Advance Auto for $13 and Viola. Dual exhaust for $153. The mufflers are real small so they fit nicely side by side. I do think that Dual 2.25" is a bit much for the V6 (I lost a little on the low end power). But with the exhaust, I put on an electric fan that I slapped on the radiator, and picked up a total of 3 mpg (exactly) and about 10-15 hp. I plan to put some pics up of the exhaust sometime. Hope this helps all of those horsepower challenged.

Exhaust

I have a 94 Explorer sport and I was thinking about putting straight pipes on it. Does anyone know how this would sound? Or is this not a good idea? I wanted to make it louder and sound better.

Back