EGR and O2 sensor issues | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

EGR and O2 sensor issues

rock apparently has it... and its not cheap... $66

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

v8 photos

. . .
I'm going to reset the code and see what happens, my next step will be to take the EGR and the sensor off and put on new gaskets an so on, looks like on on the right path now!

we need to add my pictures to whatever EGR thread we have as I couldnt find anything on a true 96 setup

With your permission I'll add your photos to my procedure.

I wouldn't buy a new EVR until I was sure it is bad. See if you can test it first.

you have full permission

i took it on a good long test drive last night an no codes so far... so here's hoping

You could have had a small peice of carbon preventing the egr from completely closing. When I had this problem I took mine off to make sure it was closing all the way. That's when I found the bad gasket between the egr and the sensor.

Even if the light does come on you don't want to go buying anything until you've made sure the egr is opening and closing correctly. I will add that egr can be a little testy getting off with it's location.

well it doesnt help that my truck SAT for 8 months last year due to a spark plug breaking off in the head

I'm betting it was just stuck, but yeah I will confirm everything before buying, this is where having a second vehicle is VERY nice

codes popped, time to start running it down

I think I figured it out

when they put the intake back in the truck they didnt attach the ground strap, I put it back on last night and it seems to have made a difference

we'll see if the code comes back

Back