epic fail night........... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

epic fail night...........

well last night around 1 or 2am i was driving my 1998 mounty home from publix after crossing the railroad in oakwoodthen took a left. as i was going down the road (parallel to the railroad track) i heard a train comming and the gates closeing. as i passed another railroad crossing i noticed a oakwood cop car (these guys are dicks) i quickley did a mirror check and noticed there were no nearby cars. quickley ready to take advantage of this moment i slow the car down to about 15mph then gun it! with a V8 roaring and tires squealing a big grin goes accross my face as i gladly take drive away from the cop car stuck on the other side of the tracks. but almost immediatly i hear a siron and blue lights pulling out from a gas station through the smoke........

i then recieved a 6 traffic violations and wont be able to get my drivers until im 18. FML

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a V8 and love it too. And ya know what I don't do with it? You guessed it, try and be a smart-ass around cops.

BUT, kudos to you. You posted this in 'whoops' and didn't go on about how cool it was. I hope you learned a lesson here. Cops will seem to jump out of your hatch at the worst times. If you're lucky insurance won't absolutely bury you with 6 violations in 15 seconds.

The other problem with this, is that even if you didn't get caught, if the cop you ditched sees you're car again and recognized it, he's likely to pull you over for something just so he can give you a ticket (since you ditched him before)

winner - this is why you should invest in an inline-4 ;).

It seems like some of the best life's lessons also hurt the checkbook the most. Live and learn.

dang 6 violations

I have a V8 and love it too. And ya know what I don't do with it? You guessed it, try and be a smart-ass around cops.

well then you're not a proper ford owner......

The other problem with this, is that even if you didn't get caught, if the cop you ditched sees you're car again and recognized it, he's likely to pull you over for something just so he can give you a ticket (since you ditched him before)

i live in a small city with lots of white mountaineers, infact i have a friend at school that has one exactly like mine

dang 6 violations

yea...
1. wreckless driving
2. driving past curfew
3. driving with out adult over the age of 21
4. speeding (32 miles over speed limit)
5. blown tail light
6. illeagle exhaust setup (even though harly's can make 20x more noise...)

you gotta think harlys can make more noise cause they are harder to see then a suv or car. but people do take it to far

you gotta think harlys can make more noise cause they are harder to see then a suv or car. but people do take it to far

a straight piped truck is alot less attention grabing then a pack of 20 harlys......

i had a straight pipe and gutted cats on my 2000 explorer and never had a cop bother me at all. you drive like an a** and they will bother you.

Not to pile on, but haaa-haaa!! :p

I was a dumbass once too... Was walking out of the local auto parts store I work at one night after dark, and some of the guys were joking about who could do the biggest burn-out. Started my mighty 99Hp 2.3L 1990 Ranger (std. cab, long bed), let it idle for a minute, floored it, and side-stepped the clutch. I was quite impressed with myself.... for about 15 seconds.... See, it turns out they were joking around about leaving skid marks because there was a local cop parked in the far corner of the parking lot. Yeah, I felt like an ass....

Good news: had a clean record, and the officers got a well-timed emergency call. The officer tossed my license back through the window into my lap, said, "Slow it down and have a nice night" and sprinted back to their cruiser. They were gone before I could even pick my license up off my lap.

I told the guys at work the next day that I got a warning for 'Speeding in a Parking Space' :)

i live in a small city with lots of white mountaineers, infact i have a friend at school that has one exactly like mine

yea...
1. wreckless driving
2. driving past curfew
5. blown tail light

You obviously learned nothing or you wouldn't be gloating about the ticket. So a "proper Ford owner" does a burnout in front of a cop? My daily driver is a 1994 Cobra that puts down 471rwhp and I don't do burnouts in front of cops thinking I'm a badass. Does that mean I'm not a "proper Ford owner"?

he's a kid he will learn soon enough. hopefully

Wow i guess someone is proud of their Stupidity

yea...
1. wreckless driving
2. driving past curfew
5. blown tail light

Get a good lawyer. I dont know about Georgia but in Illinois they would revoke you license for that. They may ask for jail time on the reckless. Its treated about the same as a dui here.

Im no saint. I drove fast cars when I was young. I once walked into court with 38 moving violations in one month. Lucky for me this was before the gray lord investigation in Illinois so it all went away. But it did cost a lot of money, everyone had there hand out.

Good Lawyer should be able to clean this up. Spend the money now or you will regret it in the future. (I speak from experience)

Good luck and let us know how court goes. By the way, how much was the bail?

Bob

Holy smokes! I'm 18 myself. I don't tend on trying any burnouts when cops aren't around o.o" Your a bold one I must admit. Sounds hella funny as well man....until you get caught HEH!

I bet you the officer on the other side of the train had a bigger grin on his face. I would have drove by and laughed at you, no offense.

Whenever I know I'm going to do something bad, I quadruple check to make sure there are no cops around. But, my dad is a state trooper, so the one time I did get stopped (for speeding) I thankfully received no ticket.

But we're all stupid when we're young. I'm only 19, so I still have some left, but when I was 16....oh gosh. One instance in particular was when I ran a red light and t-boned a cop...that was pretty bad. Didn't get a ticket; I was pretty amazed on that one, and so was my dad.

But you live and learn!

Lucky for me this was before the gray lord investigation in Illinois so it all went away. But it did cost a lot of money, everyone had there hand out.

O.K.
You've got my attention. What the hell is the gray lord investigation?:popcorn:

how the f*** were you on the computer? i wouldhave been up **** creek if that happened. in washington state it is illegal to hit a kid but a sack of oranges dont leave a bruise;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow...thats a way to lose your license. There's a cop where I live and he keeps trying to pull me over for doing 1 over the speed limit. I'll fight that in court. And probably win.
Winner...you definately have some kahonas to do something like that. Next thing you need to buy is a cop radar.

yea...
1. wreckless driving
2. driving past curfew
5. blown tail light
What kind of a place do you live in that you have to drive with an adult of 21 or is that just at night?

With your remark of the number of white mountys in your town... where I live there are at least 3-4 other tan explorer's like mine. :(

Back