ethanol in gas and fuel injector cleaner | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ethanol in gas and fuel injector cleaner

biggiesize

Reaction score
City, State
Martinsville,Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 sport
While i was filling up today and looking at the 10% ethanol warning on the pump,I began to think.If pretty much all fuel now has ethanol in it,do I really need to waste money on fuel injector cleaner?.After all,fuel injector cleaner is just basically ethanol anyway so using it would actually put the fuel/ethanol mixture over 10%.Plus the ethanol in the gas is already cleaning the fuel system on its own.What do you guys think about this?

The cleaner is not ethanol. Try SeaFoam, it did work for me.

Berryman B-12 Chemtool works as well to clean injectors...

And it doesn't smoke like Seafoam...My biggest problem with ethanol is that it loves water...And since ethanol has been part of our fuel supply for decades, we have fighting the effects of water in the fuel for just as long...

One of the problems we all have a metal fuel tank...Granted the truck sat for over 2 years with a half tank and the tank was a waste of rust and varnish...I got the varnish out but the rust didn't go away...Replacing my tank was the only solution and I suspect that water from condensation settles inside the tank and starts to rust it over time...Using B-12 I believe displaces water at the bottom of the tank and burns it with the fuel being pulled from the tank...

Back