• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Sport Color Options?

steve04KU

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
Why doesn't Ford offer "sporty" colors like the Mustang on the Explorer Sport?

Triple Yellow
Competition Orange
Race Red
Deep Impact Blue

These would all look badass IMO.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 2016 Sport in Bronze Fire and it is beautiful if I say so myself! Haven't seen another Sport that color in the DFW area yet!

Why doesn't Ford offer "sporty" colors like the Mustang on the Explorer Sport?

Triple Yellow
Competition Orange
Race Red
Deep Impact Blue

These would all look badass IMO.
I'm guessing it is because it is a CUV/SUV and not a 'sports' car. Deep Impact Blue was available for the other trims but was deleted for 2016. I don't think any kind of blue was ever available for the 5th gen Sport but I'm sure I'll be corrected if that is wrong.
Colours for the Sport model have always been limited in comparison to the other trims.

Peter

I have a 2016 Sport in Bronze Fire and it is beautiful if I say so myself! Haven't seen another Sport that color in the DFW area yet!

I saw one at Five Star Ford in Plano on the showroom 2-3 months ago. Haven't seen one on the road. Maybe that was is yours?

I've seen a few Bronze Fire Sports driving around Northern NJ. That's a nice looking color. Enjoy it.

I LOVE my Bronze Fire F350.. as soon as it was announced in 2014 I knew that was what I wanted. There is a Bronze Fire Platinum that goes to my daughter's school and boy is it sharp looking.

Most don't realize how it looks Burnt Orange in the sun yet maroon or burgundy in the shade. It is crazy the different shades of color it has depending on lighting.

Ford should also give more choices for leather seat colors. They should also consider going 2 tone colors for the leather seats in the sport.

Ford should also give more choices for leather seat colors. They should also consider going 2 tone colors for the leather seats in the sport.
I'm guessing that the limited number of choices is designed to keep the overall production costs down.

Peter

I'm guessing that the limited number of choices is designed to keep the overall production costs down.

Peter

And to minimize the number of cars sitting on dealer lots. The Sport looks particularly good in white and black, so they're really rolling with it.

Trust me the people in Marketing, especially the Explorer team know what the Explorer buyer wants. They spend lots of time and money researching what colours will sell and which wont. I have been part of some of the focus groups. There are lots of reasons for the colour selection.

The swap from Tuxedo Black Metallic to Shadow Black was a big surprise to me then I was informed it had more to do with the sourcing of the glass fleck then consumer choices.

Still love the TBM colour.

Back