Family four wheeler | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Family four wheeler

DragonsBane

Reaction score
Glad I found you guys. I'm looking into building a family four wheeler to take my wife and kids wheelin' with me. Don't want to get to crazy with it, just get it up on 35" or 36". The SAS with coils looks pretty straight forward. I have access to a 79 1/2 ton ford for parts, now just gotta find a cheap explorer. Sounds like a good winter time project.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum!!! You'll find several SAS'ed explorers on here with a TON of info for swaping. What year truck you looking for? Where you from?

Check out our forsale section. I think there is still a killer SAS equipped Explorer in there for $4500. The owner is being stationed overseas and needs to sell.

Welcome to the site.

spent some time looking around and found an interesting subject in the 1 link suspension. after talking with the wife, we decided to build a trail only rig. i'm thinking 1 links front and rear with King coilovers. Will most likely be changing jobs by the beginning off the year so money shouldn't be an issue. I like four links but want something simple. The 1 link may cover it.

My brother donated a HP60 to my cause and I already have a 14 bolt rear. Takes care of the axles. Now just need to figure a dual t-case setup and I'm good. Will most likely go to a full hydro on the steering. Local wrecking yard has a bunch of forklifts to scavenge the steering valves off of. Still need to do some planning.

Be good to get offroad again after totally smashing my other wheeler.

Back