Fiberglass Fenders on 2nd Gen.. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fiberglass Fenders on 2nd Gen..

Ive been thinking about getting some Perry's for my 98 Sport. They only make a 5" flare which isnt a big deal... for both fenders is around $365 shipped.

My question is has anyone done fibe fenders on a 2nd gen with molding like mine? I really dont want to take off my fender flares, especially in the rear because im only getting the fenders for the front to possibly fit 33's someday.

Also, my rear sits 1.5" higher than my front- so it'll look like it sits more even (thats not a concern really at all, just an added + )

Im open to all suggestions and comments here. To make an educated suggestion that pertains to my particular explorer you can see pics at www.cardomain.com/id/sk1er18 .... i have pictures in the elite photo gallery but i dont know if thats up and running yet.

Thanks!

yea thats basically the plan. but it'll be over a year till id get it painted... thats a year to save up/ a year till im done paying it off/ and another season of wheeling so ill have a few more nice scratches to cover up.

I just accidentally came across those decals and well... sometimes i "dare to be different".

And i wouldnt want to spray paint my molding because that'd just peel...

lol, this is all like 3 hours in the thought process and im ready to do it! damn that BUG!!! (or maybe im just a sporatic buyer.... in that case "damn that CARD!!)

BTW: NICE MUSTANG!!!! (yea i have a 2001 GT convertable.. well its really my dads too, but whos counting? :) )

Back