Finally picked it up!!!

Smoktya

Reaction score
City, State
Bethlehem, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 4WD XLT
Well,
After an issue with my trade-in (thought it was a bad engine, turns out it was the Power Steering pump and Water pump making the horrible noises), we finally picked up our Explorer last night. After our 9.5 week wait, I am incredibly happy to have this beauty in my driveway. It is definitely worth the wait and my wife and I feel we have really made a good decision on what car we picked. Here are the specs and pics:

She is a 4WD XLT in Sterling Gray and Black Cloth Interior
201 A
Power Liftgate and Towing Package, All Weather Floor Mats

DSCN0039.jpg

DSCN0040.jpg

DSCN0041.jpg

DSCN0034.jpg

DSCN0036.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

congratulations - enjoy it - happy to hear that everything worked out in the end

Great to hear everything worked out with your trade. Congrats on the new X. Now, it's time to give her a name! :D

nice x

Really glade it was not an engine!

Now peel that dealer sticker off the back of your Explorer!

nice explorer :)

question to all though... i notice your XLT has non matching grill.
Mine does match my body color and wondering what causes the difference.
I think I'm gonna try to pull the dealer sticker off my car too :)

Really glade it was not an engine!

Now peel that dealer sticker off the back of your Explorer!

I told them to not even put it on, but they said it is "policy" to do so. The salesman was very nice about it and said it was a very easy sticker to peel off, so it will happen sometime tomorrow

nice explorer :)

question to all though... i notice your XLT has non matching grill.
Mine does match my body color and wondering what causes the difference.
I think I'm gonna try to pull the dealer sticker off my car too :)

I thought that Limited versions only had matching grilles. Maybe you got lucky and they made a "positive" mistake.

I like that Sterling Gray... Looks really nice!

Dealer stickers are easy- soften up with a hairdryer, just lift with your nail. I can't stand those things.

I'd have said "...then it's my policy that you pay me $x...xx to advertise for you..." :D

hmm, that would be interesting. too bad they didnt give me the matching rear view :)

explorer050511.jpg

I thought that Limited versions only had matching grilles. Maybe you got lucky and they made a "positive" mistake.

That's a beauty Smokedya....glad it all worked out for you after I read the story yesterday...yikes!!

Donm527, love it! Mine is almost exactly the same but painted wheels (Silver/black limited)....get it Saturday at noon! Finally, been waiting since March 1.

Best of luck guys!

hmm, that would be interesting. too bad they didnt give me the matching rear view :)

explorer050511.jpg

I think with your main color choice (silver), the grille is already made in that color, so i guess in your case, you get a "limited" feature on your XLT.

I didnt notice that the regular grill was in ingot... makes sense now :)

I glad you got things worked out with your dealer. Nice ride. I find it hard to trust most dealers. It sounds to me like they tried to bate you in saying the motor was bad knowing that it was not. They could have made a quick buck off of you.

i used to drag race mustangs so i know what a bad motor sounds like, and this was pretty close. It had me worried, but I had good oil pressure though and almost no sputtering, but just idling it sounded like crap. Oh well, that is in my past now and we are happier than ever picking up this new ride.

Well,
After an issue with my trade-in (thought it was a bad engine, turns out it was the Power Steering pump and Water pump making the horrible noises), we finally picked up our Explorer last night. After our 9.5 week wait, I am incredibly happy to have this beauty in my driveway. It is definitely worth the wait and my wife and I feel we have really made a good decision on what car we picked. Here are the specs and pics:

She is a 4WD XLT in Sterling Gray and Black Cloth Interior
201 A
Power Liftgate and Towing Package, All Weather Floor Mats
I’m really glad your trade-in issue was resolved. That’s a gorgeous Explorer! If you have any questions or concerns you’d like me to look into, please don’t hesitate to contact me!

donm527, it’s good you are keeping an eye out for anything out of place! :)

Cory

Back