First off-road trip tomorrow. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

First off-road trip tomorrow.

Hi there.
After my first long winter with my X, i'm off for my first off-roading trip. i have tow hooks and hitch, tow rope, i'll deflate my tires and I'll walk with my jack, it's not a high lift, but it's still better to have than not.

Is there anything else i should bring? Or do? I'll disconnect one end of the sway bar and maybe twist up my TT a little more, though my fenders are already at 37.5". I don't have a locker or LS, so that's my only concern....
If there's anything i'm missing, let me know, and wish me luck.
Matt.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Make sure to bring someone along with you. Never off-road alone. If you want to know some good things to bring Gerald has a list somewhere on here that will tell you eveything you need to bring, and proly a little more. I would also bring a camera so all of us can see how it turns out.

Definately try to take everything on that list. Unfortunately I don't have the link. It may be in useful threads or something.

37.5" in the front! holy cow! i'm 36" with 32" tires! go slow over stuff. don't floor it or you'll mess something up.

trust others on what they say if you have a spotter.

how about a phone just in case lol have fun and good luck to ya

Trail Gear

Here ya go. Everything you could ever need on the trail.

dude you gotta take a kite...they are really fun on the trail...plus if you get lost people can see it and find you

We we say not alone, we also mean another 4x4 that will be able to pull you out if you do get stuck... The tow hooks and strap are nice, but only if you have another vehicle to use them with...

Have a blast!! Wheeling is probably the best thing that I have ever done... We are going to expect pics of your run...

Dave

I am going with someone else, though he has a stock 2002 jeep, with stock tires, so hopefully i don't get super stuck, as our X's are much heavier than Jeeps.

Thanks for all the advice, i'll post some pics if possible when i get back!.

have fun man.. I remember my first time...(remenescing*:D ) Just don't get stuck on private property doing 360's in the mudd! haha.. have fun!

Well i'm back, and it was a blast...well i was stuck for a good hour or so, and it took a my buddies jeep and a Ram to pull me out, and only after digging the one wheel that fell into a snow filled rut out. ( I think i would of been able to get out myself, if it wasn't so snowy/muddy...

But it was great, it's amazing what these vehicles and do, the X's, even though it's large, it's that bad, it's narrow, lot's of ground clearance and power. And i think at some points, i could get one wheel on good ground, while my buddies jeep was entierly in what ever it was we were trying to get over/out.

I still need a locker, but all in all, it was a blast!

Where are the pics??? Pics, Pics, Pics.

bitten:D

Back