Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 84 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The strut lift is going to be your easiest option for sure.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't think you need to do the steering extension with the 1.5" mate.

What size spare can you fit under the back now? Does the body lift allow for a wider tyre to fit?

That is correct, no steering shaft extension needed with a 1.5" body lift.

That's good, because modifying that steering shaft extension to fit was kind of a hassle haha.

265/75 is still the biggest spare that will fit even with a 3" body lift. You are limited really by the frame rails and the metal bumper/hitch.

The 3" body lift does let you tuck it up under there a bit higher though.

That is correct, no steering shaft extension needed with a 1.5" body lift.

That's good, because modifying that steering shaft extension to fit was kind of a hassle haha.

265/75 is still the biggest spare that will fit even with a 3" body lift. You are limited really by the frame rails and the metal bumper/hitch.

The 3" body lift does let you tuck it up under there a bit higher though.

Thank's for that mate!

Thanks MT! Yeah I felt that the tires still looked a little too stuffed in the wheel wells still with the 1.5" too. I can't believe how much of a difference there is between the two though, both in looks and how high it feels when getting in/driving it.

Thanks for the tip about the bull bar. I'm trying to get my lights all lined up horizontally end to end...and I know I can do that on the brush guard, so that might be the easiest way to go unless I figure out some type of light bar setup in front of the grille.

Damn Ronin, the rig looks good! I like it a lot better with the 3 inch lift. Your tires seemed to be too stuffed with the 1.5 inch lift.

On another note, you could put 4 lights on a bull bar with a little fab. You just have to mount two in the normal spot and then weld tabs on the top so they sit above the highest bar. Ive seen a dodge around town with this setup and it doesnt look too bad.

But your EX looks great man!

I looked today and thought I might be able to fit all 4 lights behind the grill, but there's just not enough room.

If I'm going to put something on the front to hold the lights it might as well be something that will protect them a bit too.

Looks like it's back to the brush guard!

Any thought's/plan's on a custom bumper?

I liked the setup that n.gardner has/had but that wouldn't work with my body lift. I was also wondering about how it was covering up the lower grille which is where the transmission cooler gets its air from.

I don't wheel enough to really need a winch bumper yet but when I do I might look at a custom bumper of some kind

The brackets on mine may need re-drilling (just look's like 4 big bolt's) after I fit the lift and I think anyone contemplating a body lift and bumper need's to do the lift first. Air flow shouldn't be limited if you incorporate vent's into the new bumper. How you do that is up to you, imagination land right there!

Attachments

• 30032011.jpg
    30032011.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 1,263
  • 30032011_001.jpg
    30032011_001.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 1,275
  • 30032011_002.jpg
    30032011_002.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 1,296
  • 30032011_003.jpg
    30032011_003.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 1,240

I looked today and thought I might be able to fit all 4 lights behind the grill, but there's just not enough room.

If I'm going to put something on the front to hold the lights it might as well be something that will protect them a bit too.

Looks like it's back to the brush guard!

I have two aux lights on my brush guard now im just gonna add one more so 3 total up front I don't know how you would fit four on those hunter brushguards

post up a pic when you do cause if I can fit four I would fit four, unfortunately Im in new jersey about 400 miles from my Ex..:( so I cant measure my lights exactly.

Yep, you'd be right with that size. Let me know if you get them and what you think of the falken's. I've had my eye on that brand for a while but haven't seen alot of feedback.

The brackets on mine may need re-drilling (just look's like 4 big bolt's) after I fit the lift and I think anyone contemplating a body lift and bumper need's to do the lift first. Air flow shouldn't be limited if you incorporate vent's into the new bumper. How you do that is up to you, imagination land right there!

Wish I could find a bull bar like that here in the states....

Could be your next welding project Nate! Let me know if you want more pic's, mate.

thanks for the words or wisdom guys

Yep, you'd be right with that size. Let me know if you get them and what you think of the falken's. I've had my eye on that brand for a while but haven't seen alot of feedback.

I just put Falken Rocky Mountain's on my X (245/65/17). I'd never heard of Falken until I started shopping for tires, and they seemed good enough. I also like the look of the tread. They were also the right price. As far as I can tell, the Rocky Mountain is the same as the Falken Wild Peak. I think Falken makes the "Rocky Mountain" name specifically for Discount Tire. They look the same, and the RM is cheaper. I've only driven on 'em for about a week, and they've been good so far. :)

good good. im looking for a tire with a reasonable price, big enough, and look good and these is what i came upon. If anyone has any better suggestions feel free to suggest!

I just put Falken Rocky Mountain's on my X (245/65/17). I'd never heard of Falken until I started shopping for tires, and they seemed good enough. I also like the look of the tread. They were also the right price. As far as I can tell, the Rocky Mountain is the same as the Falken Wild Peak. I think Falken makes the "Rocky Mountain" name specifically for Discount Tire. They look the same, and the RM is cheaper. I've only driven on 'em for about a week, and they've been good so far. :)

Thank's for letting us know about that mate. They sure make some good looking boot's.:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

couple better pics with the 20% tint and 1.5" bodylift
DSC08417.jpg

DSC08416.jpg

DSC08412.jpg

Back