Flashing AWD Lights

Barry Green

Reaction score
City, State
Brookline, NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Sport
Hi guys.

I have a '98 Explorer Sport, and just had this problem start. Whether sitting still in the driveway or driving along, the 4wd low and 4wd high message lights on the right side of the dash display both flash periodically with the selector switch set in AWD Auto. Truck doesn't feel like it is switching into 4WD, and I'm puzzled. Any ideas? Thanks!

Barry

My '00 explorer sport had the same flashing dash lights issue, (4wd high/low light flashed six times) as well as the electric windows quit working intermittantly then completely quit working. one of the threads suggested three relays found under the dash above the gas pedal ( remove the black plastic cover), replacement of the relays solved the flashing 4wd hi/low light and also fixed the windows....
ford part #'s
FOAB-14B192-AA (replaced one) and
F57B14B192-AA (replaced two)

THese parts are relatively common and can also be purchased at NAPA, total cost $38 , install time less than five minutes.

I had the same problem, and eventually it got better, and fixed itself

I had the problem.. what i did was reset the computer by unpluging the battery over night and it was working fine the next morning.. :salute:

Back