Funny story about Bug Deflector on hood | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Funny story about Bug Deflector on hood

i just bought my 96 XLT a couple of months ago and the ownerbefore me put on one of the bug deflector things on the hood...but a couple days ago i was on the highway going about 70 and the thing snpped in half and blew over the back of the car...this was def not the first time i was going that fast or faster on the highway...has this happened to anyone before?....my problem is the hood underneath where the bug deflector was is kind of scratched for some reason so insted of getting the paint fixed im gonna get a new deflector....where is a good place to buy one from?...anyone know?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

autobarn.com and basically any car parts site. performanceproducts.com, truckaddons.com, truckperformance.com, summitracing.com

Mine jumps around on the left corner at that speed but I've gone 100+ and it hasn't broke yet (hoping)

I bet that was quite a sight though :eek:

It probably wasn't installed right.

what kind do u guys have and where did u buy them?

Yeah, bad installation...probably a crack started and then opened up under speed and then caught air

I bought mine off a long time ebay seller. He deals in new Drawtite products. The same as Cabela's sells (or did at the time I picked up mine) He also sells the vent shades for our X's, the Drawtite brand that doesn't have to be taped onto the vehicle (I cannot recommend since I don't have those)

I think his seller name is BSAOhio. He ships via UPS

I have one that i could sell ya, its orange primer right now, and it needs to be sanded a little, but i coudl do that for ya b4 you bought it, if ya want it.... Let me know and ill get a picture..

PEACE

Back