• Register Today It's free!

Got my KKM intake, need some help

sean4385

Reaction score
City, State
Hopewell NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Sport
I just recieved my True-Rev intake from KKM the other day. All it came with was the a rubber ring, some screws, and the filter with a built on bracket. This metal bracket is pretty much like a steel plate on the end of the filter, its hollow in the middle so the air can pass through, and it has 4 screws, one in each corner of the outside of the plate. The other day i looked under the hood and saw no place to mount this filter with the 4 screw holes, even after taking apart most the plastic containers and tubes that make up my stock intake system. I even pulled out the old filter and looked inside the giant cylinder, but couldnt find anything that resembled something to attach my KKM too. Ive seen pictures of this intake being put it and it seems like it should go right on the end of the rubber tube that goes straight to the engine, and all the plastic containers that come behind the headlight should be gone. But no where on the end of that tube is any sort of plate with 4 holes. From what I hear on this board its the easiest thing to put in, with help of the instructions. The instructions were very brief and didnt help cause i didnt know any of the technical terms they used. Even still there seems to be no place i can mount this filter, so im either a dumbass and missing something simple, or they sent me the wrong filter. I checked the reciept of the order form that they send you in the box and it says 1997 explorer 4.0, which is correct......
Ive searched the boards for every bit of info on installing the kkm, but mainly all ive gotten is "its easy,"
so i have no other choice but to start my own newbie question thread.

Any info would help....
Thanks,
Sean

The MAS, mass airflow sensor has those 4 holes for the adapter plate to bolt to. If you take the stock airbox out and look at the MAS you should easily see the mounting holes.

Your MAS with filer should end up looking similar to below. Disregard the chrome intake tube and blue coupling.

Dead Link Removed

thanks for the help

i had the thing installed in 15 mins....i guess it really was easy....once you know that u can do it

thanks again,
sean

Back